This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

We selected a list of five telenovelas that were very popular in the 2000s, almost every Latin American preteen was obsessed with. Check it out!

Rebelde

Aired between 2004 and 2006, Rebelde is unforgattable. 14 years after the end, we still suffer with Mia and Miguel, Roberta and Diego. The soap opera was a worldwide success, telling the story of teenagers from a boarding school, dealing with adolescence’s conflicts and dramas. Moreover, with Rebelde, came the band RBD, which is still loved by many today.

Isa TKM/Isa TK+

The teen telenovela was produced between 2008 and 2009, having Isabella Pasquali as the  main character, a teenager who is discovering her first love, first kiss and having to deal with conflicts at school and at home. In 2010, a spin-off was released, called Isa TK+, with the same protagonists, but in a new school.

Floribella

How can we forget about the love of Flor and Fred? Floribella was aired between 2005 and 2006, and it was a modern version of Cinderella. Maria Flor is a simple girl that starts working at the Fritzenwalden’s mansion, taking care of the children. Fred is the oldest brother of the family, and is a serious and kind of rude guy, but everything changes when he meets Flor.

Casi Ángeles

The teen telenovela had four seasons, being aired between 2007 and 2010. We suffered with the comings and goings of the protagonists, Mar and Thiago. By the way, Mar was lived by Lali Esposito, a great Latin success!

Cómplices Al Rescate

Long before Larissa Manoela gave life to the twins on screen, it was Belinda’s role in 2002, when she played Silvana and Mariana, twin sisters who were separated at birth. Silvana is a rich but lonely and sad girl, meanwhile, Mariana lives in a village, loves to sing and be with her family. When they met each other, everything changes!

————————————————–

This article was edited by Anna Bastos.

Liked this type of content? Check out Her Campus at Casper Libero for more!

Bárbara Moura

Casper Libero '21

Caiçara, nascida e criada em Santos hoje vivo na loucura de São Pauloa atrás do sonho de contar e conhecer novas histórias.