5 Reasons Why You Need to Watch Iron Fist: Marvel’s New Original Serie Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

On March 17th, Netflix released a new series for Marvel’s fans. This time, Danny Rand is the man who will protect New York City. Known as Iron Fist – this explains the power of the new Marvel’s character – he lives in the same city (also in the same time) as the others superheroes we already know. Many critics gave low rates to the new show but Iron Fist convinced most of the fans.

Finn Jones stars as Danny Rand/Iron Fist. The actor is already known by Game of Thrones fans as Loras Tyrell.

Check now 5 reasons why you should watch Iron Fist:

1. Danny is the last Defender

Iron Fist is the last superhero who was missing to complete the Defenders. “Marvel’s Defenders” is an upcoming show that will put together Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and the Iron Fist to fight for their city. The solitaire figures will reunite to be stronger as a team.

The new web series will have 8 episodes and the premiere by the end of the year.

2. “The Hand” returns

The famous Matt Murdock’s enemy returns in Iron Fist and reveals to the fans many new information about who they are and their goals in New York City. “The Hand” becomes Danny Rand’s enemy as well and all the show’s story focuses on that.

3. Learn about Asiatic culture and Kung Fu

Kung Fu is a Chinese martial art. To learn and practice Kung Fu requires patience, energy and time. During all the series season, Danny Rand and Colleen Wing – a girl who helps Danny and a Dojo’s owner – fight using Kung Fu and show us all its movements and rules. Also the superhero learns how to manipulate his “chi” that is necessary to “make work” his power.

4. See again the old characters we love (or not)

The fans who watch the others Marvel’s series on Netflix will be happy to meet again some old and important characters from Jessica Jones, Daredevil and Luke Cage.

• In Iron Fist, Claire Temple has a regular participation in the season. Claire is a nurse first introduced helping Matt Murdock with his injuries in the first season of Daredevil. From then on she kept helping the others superheroes in all the series released.
  • Jeryn Hogarth also returns in Iron Fist. The lawyer first appeared in Jessica Jones and now she is going to help Danny Rand with some legal problems he has in New York City.
  • Madame Gao is a mysterious character from Hell’s Kitchen who returns to make Danny Rand’s life a little more difficult in the big city. Some things about Mrs Gao are revealed in this season and important to Daredevil’s fans.
  • Karen Page, the lovely secretary from “Nelson & Murdock” doesn’t appear in Iron Fist, but she is mentioned when a character found an article written by her in the newspaper. This shows what Karen is doing for work after the end of “Nelson & Murdock”.
  • Of course, Stan Lee wasn’t losing the opportunity to appear in one more Marvel’s Cinematographic piece of work. But, where he is? The challenge to search for Lee in the series is in your hands now!

5. Plot Twists

The main thing that makes Iron Fist interesting is not his superpower, is the show’s plot. Every time there is an important event going on and the sequence of episodes build more depth to a character’s personality to each new character in the story. The plot changes quickly and you will be surprised with some things that happens during the season.

So, get on your bed and start to watch Iron Fist!

Alana Claro

Casper Libero '17

Alana is a Senior in Cásper Líbero University, majoring in Journalism. She is President of Casper Libero's Chapter and an intern in a Corporate Communications firm. Born and raised in Sao Paulo, where she speaks Portuguese, although English is her ever-lasting love. Alana is a proud Slytherin and INTJ.