This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

If you are one of those people who listen to a lot of music, I’m pretty sure you want to be on top of the newest trends and albums. Whether you’re into funk or pop, indie or heavy metal, these music apps will help you discover more of your favorite artists and keep up with the best of the musical world.

Spotify

Even tough some of us are #TeamDeezer, we all have to agree that Spotify is, far and away, the king of music streaming service. With an enourmous catalog of songs – over 20 million – you can still dive deep in some awesome podcast content! 

Shazam 

Well, this one is not a music listening app: it is more of a discovery one. With this app, you can easily find songs that are playing in your surrounding environment. It is very simple, pratic and, best of all, free! 

Soundcloud

Just like Spotify, Soundcloud has grown a lot in recent years. The app is very well known to be a place where artists can release new tracks, record labels can debut songs, and groups can release unofficial remixes. 

YouTube

YouTube is another very popular app for those who enjoy a good track. If you’re into the aesthetic-artsy side of the songs, here you can watch – for free – all the music videos from your favorite artists.

Songza

Maybe not the most popular one in Brazil, but definetely one of the greatest app for discovering new music to hear. Songza delivers playlists from a variety of genres and all of the lists are curated by industry experts, including some record label owners. A huge real bonus of this app that they suggest playlists depending on the time of the day and your mood. Cool, huh? 

cuore in allarme journalist, writer, artist and everything else in between ✉ laurapferrazzano@gmail.com