This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

1. Marie Marie Bakery

Image Source: Bárbara Cristina Caldeira

Located on the east side of the city, the coffeeshop Marie Marie Bakery steals the attention from people who walks by: the rustic style contrasts with the urban area of the Tatuapé neighborhood. Founded by Daniela Meneghini in 2014, the specialty of the house is the tangerine with sugarcane liquor cake, and also you can rent the event room, which is used a lot for birthdays and work meetings.

2. 89°C Coffee Station

The Liberdade district is commonly known by its Asian immigrants influence, but right in front of the subway exit there is a coffeeshop with an occidental aesthetic: it’s the 89°C Coffee Station. The place has an welcoming and warm vibe, with the decoration in shades of black and brown, and since December of 2017, when the coffeeshop was founded, it has been a relaxing spot in a city that never stops or sleeps. The specialty of the house is the Japanese drip coffee, which is made by using an oriental technique of coffee grinding and filtering.

3. Café do Farol by Suplicy Cafés

Image Source: Ricardo Biserra/Flickr

Reopened to the public in 2018, the historical building of the Santander Banespa bank offers a lot of entertainment, like a skateboarding rink, but the most important tourist attraction in the whole building is the observation deck at the 26th floor and its coffee shop. The Café do Farol offers a vast variety of dishes: in the menu you may try the brunch served at weekends or take a coffee break and try the espresso with a white chocolate and cranberries brownie.

Also you have an amazing view of the whole city.

4. Flashback Café at CCBB

Located inside of the Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil, the coffeeshop Flashback Café has a vintage aesthetic that makes you feel like you were in the late 19th century, it’s also a nice way to have a coffee break between the art expositions. Being in the middle of the historical downtown of São Paulo, the Flashback Café literally gives the nostalgic feeling of a flashback and reminds of the time when the coffee grower elite granted the economic revolution to the city.

5. Caffè Ristoro – Casa das Rosas

Image Source: Wikipedia

In the famous Paulista Avenue there’s an old mansion from the early 1930’s called Casa das Rosas, which is well known for its beautiful garden and some poetry reading sessions. However, the favorite of some tourists, and also some locals, is the Caffè Ristoro, an Italian coffeeshop with snacks like foccacias and cakes, but the most loved one is the coffee with condensed milk and cinnamon

Bárbara is a young brazilian journalist that currently lives in São Paulo. She cries when watches Disney animations and Broadway Musicals. Also she's very interested about criminology, politics, photography and investigative journalism.
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.