This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

Veganism is becoming more and more common – it’s a fact. A research conducted by the Brazilian newspaper Folha de S. Paulo in 2016 can prove that: businessmen of the vegan sector pointed out a 40% increase in sales in 2015. And it’s not only because the number of vegan and vegetarian people is growing, since even people who aren’t part of the practice are enjoying this kind of food.

If you live in São Paulo or want to visit the city, check it out some cheap vegan restaurants to go:

1. Prime Dog

Image Source: Rota Veg

Prime Dog is one of the first fast-food snack bars in São Paulo that have vegan and vegetarian options in the menu. Some of the food are different types of burgers, black bean stew (feijoada), beirut, nuggets and a lot of delicious desserts – like cupcake and chocolate cake. It’s a good place to enjoy with friends, family or your crush.

Address: Rua Vergueiro, 1960 – Vila Mariana

2. Biozone

Image Source: Rota Veg

Biozone is a slow-food 100% vegan, organic and gluten free restaurant and coffee shop. The interior decoration is very zen and psychedelic, with Indian objects, a big and comfortable sofa, mandalas and relaxing songs playing. There are lots of food options in the menu: from big meals (like rice and bean with broccoli and mushrooms) to sandwiches, quiches, meat balls and cheese bread. Everything is delicious!

Address: R. Fradique Coutinho, 1225 – Pinheiros, São Paulo – SP, 05416-011      

3. Pop Vegan Food

Image Source: Rota Veg

Pop Vegan Food is a 100% vegan restaurant and pizza place in São Paulo. On mondays, the meals cost only R$ 10 on self service – probably the cheaper price for a self service in São Paulo. There are also pizzas of different flavors in the menu, like jaca, soy meat, mushroom and vegan cheese, and the price starts at R$ 36.  

Address:  R. Fernando de Albuquerque, 142/144 – Consolação, São Paulo – SP, 01309-030

4. Mount Ziot Vegan

Image Source: SP Veg

Mount Zion Vegan is a place where you can eat, talk and relax. There are mini pizzas (vegetables, calabresa and “carne de jaca”), coxinha (a famous brazilian appetizer), sandwiches and complete meals that follow a weekly schedule. If you visit the place, try the delicious “feijoada”, you will probably fall in love – not kidding.   

Address: R. Clélia, 1473 – Vila Romana, São Paulo – SP, 05042-000

Now that you have all these options in mind, what are you waiting to eat a delicious vegan food?

a heart moved by art
Giovanna Pascucci

Casper Libero '22

Estudante de Relações Públicas na Faculdade Cásper Líbero que ama animais e falar sobre séries.