Six Fall Date Ideas for All CWRU Students (Or Anyone Really)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Alright CWRU, this one is specifically for you! I know how much we love to plan ahead and although the leaves haven’t actually hit the ground yet, Fall is right around the corner. So what does that mean for you? Well, it could mean absolutely nothing OR you could make it the perfect time to participate in fun Fall activities with the people you like most. Whether you are in a relationship, trying to get the attention of that hottie in class, or content with date nights consisting of you spending time with your best friends, I have compiled a list of activities that are a must-do for this Fall season. The best part? All of these locations and ideas are close and easy!

1) Cedar Point Halloweekends

Making the trip to Cedar Point is a must at some point in your time at CWRU, but add in Halloween themes to the park and there really isn’t an excuse not to go. With over 20 different Halloween themed attractions including “Tombstone Terror-Tory” and “Cut Throat Cove”, you will not be disappointed. The times and dates consist of any Saturday or Sunday from September 19th until November 1st.

2) Halloween Movie Marathon

Not feeling the whole leaving campus thing? A movie marathon night can be just as fun and frightful. Pop the popcorn and break out the candy corn while watching a collection of classics such as The Shining, The Conjuring, Halloween, The Exorcist, The Strangers, and Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

3)   Pumpkin Carving/Hayride

Is it really Fall if you haven’t carved a pumpkin? Make a date out of visiting the “Rockin’-R-Ranch Old West Pumpkin Fest” in Lorain County, where you can ride on a hayride then select some pumpkins to carve later on! The Pumpkin Fest runs from noon to five, September 26th-October 25th.

4) Attend a Fall Festival

Enjoy great food, music, art, and the changing weather at the Atwood Lakes Fall Festival at the Atwood Lake Park in Mineral City. It’s an awesome way to spend quality time and ensure that there is “something for everyone.” It runs October 2nd through the 4th from 10am-12pm.

5) Trick or Treating?

Yeah I know, I guess the truth is finally setting in that we might actually be too old to go trick or treating, BUT that doesn’t mean we are too old to bake Halloween and Fall flavored treats. Take the seeds from that pumpkin you carved and bake a pumpkin pie! Try out a pumpkin brownie recipe (http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/harvest-pumpkin-brownies), and buy cute treat bags to make assorted candy gifts to give to all of your friends because lets face it; who doesn’t want to get candy on Halloween?

6) Haunted Houses

If your in the mood for strictly being scared, then make your way to the Lake Erie Fear Fest in Sandusky or The Fear Experience Haunted House right here in Cleveland for the ultimate night of entertainment (or terror). Not to mention The Fear Experience was created by one of our very own CWRU students!

So whether you actually attend CWRU or are reading this to find some idea inspiration for the perfect date, partaking in any of the above activities (or similar ones in your area) will guarantee a night of fun, fright, and friendly vibes.

Happy Fall!