woman wearing green graduation cap
woman wearing green graduation cap
Juan Ramos/Unsplash

An Open Letter To My Graduating Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

Dearest Friends,

It is that time of year again. Graduation is right around the corner, and everyone who is graduating is thinking about how drastically their lives will be changing in a matter of months, whether they’re going on to graduate school, starting a job, or even taking a year off. Who would’ve ever thought the day would come where that graduating class was ours? It feels like just yesterday that we were all moving into our freshman dorms.

I didn’t choose to write this article to be sappy, it was just the only thing that came to mind (besides the adventures of cleaning underneath my bed).  Each year, it’s sad to see people leave, but then you realize the people leaving are the people you had with you your entire four years of college. I’ve grown from a silly, dumb, drunk freshman to a slightly boring senior who pretty much won’t leave bed unless I really have to. You all have been there and known me through it all, and I’ve seen you all go through changes too. We’ve been there to support each other and help each other through rough times, and we’ve been there to cheer each other on at competitions and watch each other achieve our goals. It’s crazy to think that I won’t have you guys here to share these things with next year. Granted the internet can easily help with that, but there’s just something much easier about walking 10 feet to tell your roommate every ridiculous detail of your life, especially when she’s been there since day one.

Anyway, I want to wish you all luck with the new adventures you are about to embark on. Whatever you may be doing, whether it be a PhD program in California, medical school in Indiana, or teaching in South Carolina, I’m sure you will all do amazing. You’re already doing great things with your life, and there’s nowhere to go but forward!  And while you all move on to the next chapter in your life, I’ll be here, living it up at… Club Delt? You will all be missed by the Case community, but more importantly, I will miss you dearly.

Love,

Soon to be 5th year Hannah

Senior Nutrition Major at CWRU. On the Varsity Swim and Dive Team, and part of Delta Gamma Fraternity.