This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is Yuki Hino! Yuki is a second-year student here at Case Western Reserve University, and he’s one of the eligible bachelors on campus. He’s a funny guy with a great sense of humor, and it was fun interviewing him. It made for some interesting answers. He’s definitely the type of guy that will always keep you interested and on your toes.

Her Campus: Major?

Yuki Hino: Biomedical engineering (bioelectrics).

HC: Hometown?

YH: Born in Japan, grew up in Cupertino, California.

HC: Dream job?

YH: Building cyborgs.

HC: Relationship status?

YH: Single. Mingle. I mingle.

HC: Celeb crushes?

YH: Kanye, myself if I were a celebrity, Darrell George: the previous Campus Cutie, Emma Watson, J-Law, Abraham Lincoln. Yeah, that’s it.

HC: Favorite food?

YH: Sashimi.

HC: Favorite book?

YH: “Lolita” by Vladimir Nabokov. Its prose is beautiful and even though the protagonist is a despicable human being, he writes in a way where you can sympathize with him.

HC: Favorite kind of music?

YH: Hipster trash.

HC: What exactly does this mean?

It’s basically a lot of experimental music; I guess indie rock/folk/electronica.

HC: Current jam?

YH: I have this great pepper jelly. It’s so delicious. It sounds really weird, but it goes great with goat cheese and crackers…for real though, the album “Sisyphus” by Son Lux collaborating with Sufjan Stevens and Serengeti.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

YH: Laughs at my jokes (even the shitty ones), makes me laugh with shitty jokes, good butt, good oral hygiene, cuts her toenails regularly. Doesn’t take herself too seriously.

HC: Ideal date?

YH: Anything where we both try something that’s entirely new to us, so that we can bond and laugh over our mistakes.

HC: Hobbies?

YH: Reading, rock climbing, wasting time on the internet, drinking water, being comfortable, gardening, popping bubble wrap, fashion, demonstrating how Bounty absorbs more water than its competitors, and listening to music. Oh, and pulling on fresh socks.

HC: How would you describe yourself?

YH: I’m Yuki. I am funny, hot, smart, and kinda weird but kinda awkward…it’s kind of a contradiction, but it works. Really easy-going. It takes a lot to piss me off.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

YH: Probably pregnant with a husband and kids…But really, I don’t know. Hopefully working at a job, maybe in my mother’s basement.

HC: Ideal city?

YH: L.A. It’s warm and the public transportation sucks- which is a plus- and I’ll be able to raise my saguaro cactus. I raised her from when she was just a seed; she’s my baby.

HC: What’s your favorite thing about home?

YH: My mom. Also, the weather. Cleveland sucks.

HC: Sweetest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

YH: I asked this girl to winter formal (she was an artist and always had a sketchbook) and one of my friends managed to borrow her sketchbook. I took it and drew a dinosaur and wrote “Winter formal?”and signed my name. She did say yes, so it worked.

HC: Favorite memory?

YH: I remember in Japan, I would always go to my grandpa’s house, and his backyard is essentially a giant mountain. We would climb the mountain and I would catch a bunch of cool bugs, then I’d bring them back with me for about a week, and then I’d release them. That was the best. I did briefly consider being an entomologist because of that.

Yuki Hino. He’s an interesting man with an intricate personality. If you’re looking for an easy-going guy that makes you laugh, stop searching. Yuki Hino is the guy for you. I’ll leave you with this last picture of us being friends. He’s as approachable and friendly as he looks!

*All photos taken by Matthew Lee.

Jeniece Montellano is a member of the class of 2016 at Case Western Reserve University. She is a chemical biology major (B.A.) and English minor, and plans on becoming a physician assistant. She is a part of Solstice (all-female a cappella group), CWRU's Pre-PA club, CWRU's Filipino Student Union, The Observer (undergraduate newspaper) and a sister of Delta Gamma. In her free time, she tries to maintain her sanity by eating chocolate mindlessly, watching TV and rom-coms, reading books and tweeting about random things. Follow her on Twitter @herroitsjemeow for more musings about life.