Campus Cutie: Darrell George

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is Darrell George. I was fortunate enough to get the chance to interview him, and he’s definitely someone worth paying attention to. (That’s a picture of us pretending we’re Bollywood! Don’t worry ladies, he’s single)

Her Campus: Hometown? 

Darrell George: Glenview, IL.

HC: Major? 

DG: Medical Anthropology.

HC: Relationship status? 

DG: Single.

HC: Favorite movie? 

DG: “The Pursuit of Happyness.”

HC: Favorite song?

DG: “Let It Be” by the Beatles. 

HC: Most recently listened to? 

DG: “Isn’t She Lovely” by Stevie Wonder. It’s so good.

HC: Favorite food?

DG: Filet mignon.

HC: Favorite place around Cleveland?

DG: Rooftop of the Cleveland Clinic.

HC: Favorite quote?

DG: “Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever.” -Gandhi.

HC: Top three man crushes?

DG: Michael Jordan, Derrick Rose, Will Smith. Damn, I like it black.

HC: Top three celeb crushes?

DG: Beyoncé, Priyanka Chopra, umm… What other actress am I obsessed with? OH! Rachel from “Suits”! OH MY GOD YES. (Meghan Markle)

HC: Three things on your bucket list?

DG: Travel the world, go skydiving, learn how to sing.

HC: Life goals?

DG: To be happy and make others happy in the process.

HC: Dream job?

DG: Team physician for the Chicago Bulls!

HC: Activites?

DG: Vice President of Finance for Phi Delta Epsilon (medical fraternity), Delta Chi fraternity, Orientation Leader, Undergraduate Indian Student Association, Cleveland Clinic volunteer.

HC: Hobbies?

DG: Basketball, attempting to dance to Bollywood music, beatboxing, volleyball, and bumping into people I haven’t seen in a while on the sidewalk and having a conversation with them. That’s actually my favorite thing.

HC: Ideal date? 

DG: Cooking a meal together and having a fun conversation in the process, and then being able to enjoy what we created, regardless of how the food ended up. It doesn’t matter if it’s pretty good or pretty bad, and I don’t want it to be only me cooking for her. I just want us to do it together.

HC: What’s the cutest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?

DG: I asked my friend to prom. I sent purple and pink (her favorite colors) tulips to each of her classes leading up to sixth period. We had sixth period class together, and I had a preschooler from our high school’s preschool class dress up as a UPS woman and deliver a package to my date. She opened the box and purple and pink ballons came out, lifting up a poster that said “Prom?”. As the poster flew out, the song “Check Yes Juliet” began playing and I came out with a bouquet of roses and her favorite candy, asking her to prom.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?

DG: Genuineness, coupled with a sincere smile and an embarrassing laugh.

There you have it, collegiettes! You better ask Darrell out on a date before he’s taken by someone else. He’s guaranteed to make you laugh, and he’ll always put you first.

Jeniece Montellano is a member of the class of 2016 at Case Western Reserve University. She is a chemical biology major (B.A.) and English minor, and plans on becoming a physician assistant. She is a part of Solstice (all-female a cappella group), CWRU's Pre-PA club, CWRU's Filipino Student Union, The Observer (undergraduate newspaper) and a sister of Delta Gamma. In her free time, she tries to maintain her sanity by eating chocolate mindlessly, watching TV and rom-coms, reading books and tweeting about random things. Follow her on Twitter @herroitsjemeow for more musings about life.