Campus Celebrity: Karen Booth

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity has put a pause on her nursing training to branch out and create new memories while helping the Greek community. Although she been a dedicated member of Alpha Phi since her freshman year at Case, she has spent the greater part of the year disaffiliated in order to act as a Rho Chi during recruitment. 

Major: Nursing

Year: Junior

Hometown: Bozeman, Montana

Why Case?: I liked the nursing school and appreciated how I would start clinical training as a freshman.

Why did you choose to be a Rho Chi?: I wanted to be able to help the Potential New Members (PNMs) find what sorority was right for them. It may sound strange, but when you’re in a sorority, you spend recruitment trying to convince the PNM’s that your sorority is the right one for them. The main reason I wanted to be a Rho Chi was because I wanted to experience recruitment differently.

What did you like about your experience? I loved meeting members of other chapters on campus. They all were wonderful women who I otherwise would have never had the opportunity to meet…I guess it was refreshing to be reminded that every chapter on this campus has amazing members.  Also, this experience showed me how much I love and respect every member of my chapter. Being a Rho Chi definitely helped to renew my connection of sisterhood with all my sisters.

Was there anything you didn’t like?: I hated seeing my PNMs get excited about a chapter and not be called back the next day. It was especially hard for me when I thought that the potential new member would have been an awesome addition to that chapter; however, in the end I think all my girls really did find their perfect place in the Greek community.

What was your favorite moment during your time as a Rho Chi?: My favorite moment was the Rho Chi reveal. The minute I looked out and saw all my sisters that were present and excited to welcome me back into the chapter…honestly, that moment meant the world to me. I cannot even find the words to express how thankful I am for all of their support.

Would you reccomend others look into being a Rho Chi?: Absolutely! Overall, it was an amazing experience with lots of free food!  That’s always a win.

Karen and her Little