Campus Celeb: Dane Elliot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

The celebrity for this week is Dane Elliot from Lakewood, Ohio!  Dane is a first year and new member of Alpha Phi who you may recognize from the lifeguard chair at Donnel pool.  She is known for her fun, loose personality and horseback riding prowess.  She also enjoys scuba diving and telling hilarious jokes!

Staying true to her comical side, Dane’s favorite actors are the minions from Despicable Me and her favorite board game is Apples to Apples, admitting that she has a chronic need to explain her reasoning behind her decisions.  Her favorite pick up line (validated by trial and error via Tinder) is “ur cute” and her guilty pleasure is putting a “weird amount of butter in my Spongebob shaped mac n cheese.”

So what’s the origin behind this celebrity’s bubbly perosnality and horseback skill?  As a product of a school where the graduating class couldn’t fill a floor in Cutler, Dane flourished in a comfortable environment that allowed her to express herself with the upmost confidence. She actually describes her high school experience as “Nobody laughing at my jokes, just at me- which only led me to believe wholeheartedly that I’m really funny.” Horseback riding is a huge part of her life (she’s been riding for 14 years!) and she often goes back to the barn on weekends to spoil her horse with its favorite snacks.  

And just for fun Dane was kind of enough to answer a few questions that her fans were just dying to know: 

Favorite college class so far? Chemistry of materials (engr 145)!

Would you rather have Lil Bow Wow or Lil Romeo perform at your birthday? Considering I had to look both up and didn’t know any of their music, can I choose neither? I’d rather have a puppy make an appearance 

Marry, Kill, have a platonic relationship with: The options are the guy who plays Christian Gray from 50 shades, the werewolf dude from Twilight, and Channing Tatum: Marry Channing Tatum, kill christian gray, and have a platonic relationship with the werewolf

A member of the class of 2017 at Case Western Reserve University by way of your not so typical New England boarding school, Jeep Madison is double majoring in communication sciences and english with a minor in political science.  He is a brother of the fraternity, Phi Delta Theta, and a member of the Spartan football team.  A self proclaimed feminist, he feels very strongly about current events surrounding domestic violence and the integration of women into traditionally male social realms.  With so much indecision on what the future holds, Jeep is currently an aspiring trophy husband.