7 Throwbacks Worth Your Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Case chapter.

With constant songs by One Direction and Selena Gomez, sometimes you need a reminder of the way things used to be: 

7.  Bye Bye Bye by ‘N Sync

Whether you were Team ‘N Sync or Team Backstreet Boys, there’s no denying this was an amazing song.

6. I Want It That Way by the Backstreet Boys

But if you were on Team Backstreet Boys, this was definitely your song for a period of time.

5. Wannabe by The Spice Girls

There was once a female British Invasion of America (kind of not really) and they were known as The Spice Girls…and Victoria Beckham.

4. Beautiful by Christina Aguilera

If you’re in the mood for a slow song or need to be reminded that you’re beautiful in every single way, press play.

3. The Real Slim Shady by Eminem

I may not be a fan of rap, and I may not really know what he’s saying half the time, but even I can’t deny that I’ll always wonder who the real Slim Shady is.

2. I’m A Slave 4 U by Britney Spears

Okay, so technically this is more about the performance than the actual song…this 2004 MTV VMA performance will forever have a place in my memory and heart. All hail the Queen of Pop. And tamer of snakes.

1. Lose My Breath by Destiny’s Child

Everyone lost their breath and their minds when they reunited at the Super Bowl, so obviously something by Destiny’s Child would have to be number one on this list. I chose this song because…well, can you even handle two Beyoncé’s?