Alison Jagielo: HC Carthage Social Media Chair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

Alison Jagielo joined Her Campus Carthage a little late in our inaugural year, but since then has climbed our leadership ladder. We sat down and got to know more about Ali and how she got started with Her Campus!

HC: What’s your major and year?

AJ: I’m a senior majoring in English with a Communications minor.

HC: What else are you involved with on campus?

AJ: I’m part of Chi Omega Beta Lambda chapter here at Carthage, as well as a Writing Center tutor!

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

AJ: I love reading (I’m always looking for recommendations)! I also watch a lot of Netflix, probably too much, but it’s what relaxes me with my busy schedule.

HC: Why did you end up joining Her Campus?

AJ: My dream job is to write for Cosmo, and Her Campus is an amazing start. It was a great opportunity that was offered (shout out to Karina) and I thought, “why not?” I didn’t realize how much fun it would be – not just writing but meeting and working with amazing women and sharing ideas and a love for writing. It’s something I’ll miss so much.

HC: What made you want to be the Social Media Chair?

AJ: I’ve seen so many other Her Campus chapters, as well as the national page, do fun and interactive things with their audiences. I want to be able to help implement that here with our chapter. I think it will really help us grow.

HC: What’s the most fun part about your e-Board position?

AJ: I absolutely love seeing everyone interact with our posts. It’s been a very slow process, but our followers are growing, and I can see more people getting interested. Lately, I’ve had fun talking with other e-Board members about ideas. It gets us really excited and I love the energy!

HC: What are you looking forward to in our chapter this year?

AJ: I’m definitely looking forward to all the new members! I’m excited for the fresh ideas and minds to talk about articles and ways to grow our chapter. I think this is going to be an amazing year!

Although she’s doing an awesome job with our social media, later this school year Ali will be transitioning from our Social Media Chair to our Recruitment Chair. In this new position, she’ll be working closely with one of our Campus Correspondents, Karina, as they work to recruit new members and host campus events. Join us in congratulating Ali on her new role!

Karina Lee

Carthage '19

Karina is a senior at Carthage College majoring in Elementary Education with a minor in Urban Education. She is a Kenosha, WI native who hasn't experienced anything other than life on the lake! She is a Senior Resident Assistant on campus and Vice President of the Black Student Union. When she finds free time, she enjoys lifting weights, creating YouTube videos on beauty, health, and lifestyle and spending time binge watching The Office.
Jane Eckles

Carthage '19

Jane graduated from Carthage College in May 2019 with a degree in English and Secondary Education. She is from Merced, California, which is close enough to San Fransisco for her to confirm that the City by the Bay is her absolute favorite. When she's not teaching or writing articles, she can be found collecting any book she can get her hands on, watching Netflix, staring mindlessly into the void, or napping.