Style

3 Hairstyles You Might Not Have Considered This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carthage chapter.

As winter is coming to a close (or for some of us, still going STRONG), I think it’s safe to say our fashion sense is a little lacking. When winter first started, we had a million ideas, but now it’s getting hard to keep our motivation. So I took the liberty of finding some must do up-dos to incorporate into your end-of-winter ~lewk~

The Beanie

You don’t have to be a hat person to rock a beanie! Anybody can pull this look off, you just have to find the right hat for you. It also doesn’t matter what kind of hair you have, because stylist Victoria Hoff has got you covered with this list of awesome beanie-inclusive hairstyle ideas.

The “Undone Bun”

This is perfect for the on-the-go colligette. Just start putting your hair into a ponytail, but don’t pull it all the way through. It may seem a bit silly, but if Kendall Jenner can do it, why not you?

Angled Lob

Maybe you’re just done with your current look. So instead of restyling, why not just go for a new cut? The angled lob could be the perfect solution. It’s super cute, low-maintenance and, according to Harper’s Bazaar, is currently on-trend. 

Keeping your look fresh at the dreary end of winter can be tough. Hopefully, these three looks can help you spice it up!

Carthage Says

Carthage '19

Written by Carthage students for Carthage students.
Jane Eckles

Carthage '19

Jane graduated from Carthage College in May 2019 with a degree in English and Secondary Education. She is from Merced, California, which is close enough to San Fransisco for her to confirm that the City by the Bay is her absolute favorite. When she's not teaching or writing articles, she can be found collecting any book she can get her hands on, watching Netflix, staring mindlessly into the void, or napping.