This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Name: Zach Stein

Relationship Status: In a long-distance relationship
Major/Year: Political Science and Law, 3rd year
Hometown: Barrie, Ontario

If you could go anywhere in the world right this second, where would it be and why?
Munich, Germany. It has probably one of the greatest atmospheres I’ve been to. The food, the culture, just being in Europe in general. It’s really a beautiful place to be.

Name your favourite quirky thing about yourself.
My favourite quirky part of myself would probably be how goofy I am with my friends. I like to pull faces with some of my closest friends, and I tend to be theatrical every now and then. It’s a part of who I am and I’ve grown to own it.

If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
My movie for life would probably be Lord the Rings, The Two Towers. There’s something about the LOTR universe that is just enjoyable on every level. The second movie of the trilogy really sets the tone, and establishes one of the best battles scenes in cinema.

What are your favourite campus hangout spots?
There’s only really ever one option for me: it’s Ollies. As one of the cooks, it’s nice to feel at home at work. The atmosphere is relaxed, my coworkers are more than just friends, they’re family. I’m perfectly happy with sitting at the bar and chatting with my friends or taking up a booth for a casual study session.

If you could go on a date with any celebrity, who would it be?
Probably Molly Quinn. Not exactly a well known name but she plays Alexis Castle on ABC’s Castle (one of my favourite shows). Her character has a striking intelligence and charm about her, and it play really sincere. It would be cool to hear about some behind the scenes stories and learn more about what it is like to work with Nathan Fillion.

What fictional character do you most identify with?
Keeping with the theme of Nathan Fillion, there is an amazing show called Firefly. The main character, Mal Reynolds, has this ability to juggle cold professionalism and grit with dry humour and a really honourable respect for what is right and wrong. I see a bit of myself in that character, and who wouldn’t want to be a space cowboy?

Do you have a personal life philosophy?
I don’t really have a personal life philosophy. I really just focus on living in the moment, making plans when I have to. I value sincerity, compassion, and just enough maturity to lead a responsible life. I do this without sacrificing that childish part of me that likes to read comics, play a couple board games and slack off from time to time.