Top 5 TV Shows to Binge This Holiday Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

With finals season just around the corner, we’re all looking forward to the holiday break. Some of us may be travelling, some may be working, and if you’re anything like me, you’ll be lying on the couch relaxing after a long, hard semester — and what better way to relax than binge-watching a television series? Here are my top five recommendations for things to watch this holiday season!

1. Selling Sunset

If you are looking to escape the cold, snowy weather, there’s no better show to watch than Selling Sunset. Selling Sunset shows the day-to-day life of the realtors at The Oppenheim Group: an elite real estate firm in the heart of Los Angeles. In the four seasons of Selling Sunset, you’ll see amazing homes selling for millions of dollars, co-worker drama, and beautiful, sunny landscapes. What better way to spend the holiday break, am I right?

1. Tiger King 2

This holiday break goes back to the peak of quarantine and reliving the days of Tiger King and whipped coffee. Jeff Lowe and Carole Baskin are back telling the crazy tale of their lives and their animals. Watch the drama unfold once again and see what took place after the crazy first season of the Netflix original. 

1. Schitt’s Creek

“Where everyone fits in!” Catch up on the CBC famous show, Schitt’s Creek, this holiday and see the drama unfold as a wealthy family falls bankrupt and realizes the only thing they have left is their investment in a small, rundown town. The Rose family is forced to relocate to the small town that they once bought as a joke and is forced to restart their lives after losing their fortune. Doesn’t everyone love a good family sitcom? 

1. Seinfeld 

The show that is about absolutely NOTHING. Doesn’t that just scream mindless binge-watching? Get enthralled in the everyday lives of comedian, Jerry Seinfeld, and his three best friends as they navigate the hustle and bustle of New York City. What better way to enjoy ‘Festivus’ than by binge-watching Seinfeld!

1. Kim’s Convenience

Recently, I have been LOVING Kim’s Convenience. The Canadian sitcom, which first aired in 2016, follows a Korean Canadian family who owns a convenience store in Toronto, Ontario. The show follows the Kim family’s life owning and operating the Toronto convenience store while also trying to give their adult children a good life. And, once you finish Kim’s Convenience, move on to the CBC spin-off, Strays!

We are so close to the end of the semester, Ravens! Finish strong so we can take some much-deserved time to sit back, relax, and watch some Netflix!

Krissy is a third-year History major with a double-minor in heritage conservation and Canadian Studies at Carleton. When she's not doing school or hanging with friends and family, Krissy enjoys reading, online shopping, talking aimlessly about history and politics, and playing hockey.