This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Take advantage of summer extending into the fall season, because it won’t be long before we have to start wearing our winter coats! Compared to winter, doing the same activities in summer feels more enjoyable for me because I feel more motivated to be out and explore new places. The following are some fun places and activities that can be done in Ottawa with your friends! 

Landsdowne 

This is undoubtedly the most underrated place in Ottawa, There are many restaurants and dessert places that you can fill up on, such as JOEY and Mr. Puffs. The area also houses the TD Stadium, where all types of sports games happen, such as football and hockey. Don’t miss out on Ottawa’s most competitive rivals playing against each other during the annual Panda Game: the Gee-Gees versus Carleton Ravens! Mark the date down for October 1st! There is also a Cineplex Cinema which offers a VIP experience for those who are 19 years and older, with adjustable sofas and the option to order food and alcohol from your seat. 

Byward Market 

If you’re looking for a fun and casual night out with your friends, this is the place to be! During the day you can try the famous Beaver Tails that come in a plethora of delicious sweet flavours. Visit the Rideau Centre to shop for new clothes for the upcoming fall season. At night, the area starts to get lively with the countless number of restaurants, bars and clubs scattered throughout. At the heart of downtown, Milestone is one of my personal favourite restaurants to go to. You can choose to sit inside or outside, either way, the ambiance with the wide range of delicious food options, brings the whole feeling of being in Byward together. The vibes are definitely there! 

Funhaven 

When you’re a university student, budgeting becomes an important aspect of your daily life, making it sometimes difficult to find activities to do without spending too much. The arcade Funhaven offers student discounts from Sundays to Wednesdays, just remember to bring your student ID card! With friends, you can play laser tag, ride a mini roller coaster, try to solve an escape room, play at the arcade, and so much more!

Don’t miss out on these three places to have a blast in Ottawa! They could even become a classic hangout spot for you and your group of friends where you can create happy and fun memories to look back on!

Sulena Shrestha

Carleton '26

At Her Campus at Carleton, Sulena has the position of Secretary. She is responsible for taking notes during meetings and communicating with team members about important details. Sulena is also a second-year student who is double majoring in Biology and Biotechnology with Honors. Previously, she has shown her dedication to creating a positive change for women's access to reproductive health and knowledge rights. She worked as a team member at a student-led organization in Nepal called Please Learn and Understand Menstruation. She organized events, and fundraisers to reach the goal of being able to give hygiene knowledge and products to women in rural areas who lack access. Currently at Carleton, Sulena is also the Outreach Officer of the Science Student Society where she interviews alumni, professors, and students every month. The information gathered is then transferred into a written blog depending on the different science departments dedicated for that specific month. The blogs include the person's favorite fact about Carleton, and most importantly, advice for current Ravens. In Sulena's free time, she enjoys watching different TV series from fantasy to horror. She also enjoys listening to music and going on long walks along the canal. Sulena also has a fun time trying out new restaurants in Ottawa with her friends of unique cuisines that can be found.