This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Name: Mario Pizzuto

Year: 2014

Major: Linguistics

Relationship status: Single 

Where can we find you on campus?
I spend a lot of time in Ollie’s between classes but I’m also at the fieldhouse a lot jogging on the track.

What do you like to do in your spare time?
I love exercising. It’s my favourite way to reduce the stress of school and really challenge myself. If I’m not exercising, I just like to be surrounded by my friends. They make my life interesting.

What do you find attractive in a person?
I think confidence and ambition are two of the most attractive things a person can have. If you live your life with a purpose and you’ve found something you’re passionate about, then I can respect that. Oh, and if you can do it with a smile I think that’s even better.

Describe your perfect date.
Honestly, my perfect date really depends on who I’m sharing it with. I could say I’d love to do a certain thing but if she isn’t interested or would rather be somewhere else, obviously that’s a situation I want to avoid. I’d like to do something active, something where we’re not just sitting at a table staring at each other. Because that sucks.

What is your philosophy in life?
If you’re nice to people, then people will respect you. When I’m not around nobody is going to be like, “Hey, you know Mario? He was so nice to me the other day… I hate that about him.”

What are your pet peeves of people?
I don’t like when people don’t try to see things from another person’s point of view. Or when they can’t understand that their opinion isn’t the only one. It just makes it really hard to get along.

What’s your best pick up line? Did it ever work?
[laughs] Let’s just say it didn’t work.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
In five years, I’d love to see myself started in a career. Right now, I want to be a high school teacher so I’d love to be right into that. And of course I’d like to see myself in a serious relationship by then.

Any final words you’d like to add…
There’s nothing wrong with having standards.

Follow me on twitter! @mymindisfine

Elizabeth is a fourth year Communications major at Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario. In addition to her editor and writer positions at Her Campus Carleton, she enjoys volunteering at Rogers Television studio as a Producer’s Assistant and Floor Director for Daytime Ottawa. she enjoys her weekly soccer games and gym time which keeps her fit as a fiddle and out of trouble. Elizabeth is fond of silver linings and a true believer in the Law of Attraction, and is a lucid dreamer with the hope to enlighten your minds with her writing.
Jasmine Williams is a fourth-year Journalism major, pursuing a minor in Film Studies at Carleton University. An internship at a recently launched online magazine prepared her for her new, exciting role as Campus Correspondent for Carleton University. She is never too far away from her iPhone and in her spare time, you can find her scrolling through various tumblr blogs while listening to Kings of Leon. After university, she hopes to pursue a career in online journalism.