This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Birth Place: Dublin, Ireland
Currently Resides: Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont.
Major/Year: Psychology ’15
Relationship Status: Single 

Why did you choose your program?

I chose it because I’m interested specifically in people with severe mental disabilities and why people behave the way they do as well as think the way they do. I’m interested in human behavior. And my end goal is to be a psychologist and open my own practice.

What made you choose Carleton?

My best friend goes here and when I came to visit I fell in love with Ottawa. I love the city and felt the university was a community, plus I’ve heard good things about the programs here. So my thoughts were, CARLETON!

What’s your favourite pastime?

Finding super hot boys (no, I’m totally kidding!) Hanging out with my friends, working out, and watching sports, especially hockey. I also love to travel and explore new places.

What’s one thing people aren’t likely to know about you?

I have 6 tattoos!

What in your life means the most to you?

Being at university and being able to continue on with my education. And being able to do what I love in the future.

What’s the first thing you look for in a guy?

Their smile! It needs to be sincere, white and straight. Seriously men, brush your teeth. Oh and no matter how cute they are, if they aren’t put together I wouldn’t give them a chance. Then of course I look for morals; they have to be a good, rounded guy.

Who’s the one person you look up to?

My brother, Jeremy. He is a gentleman and he’s very goal-oriented. He works towards whatever he wants to get. He’s also like my second father, because I haven’t lived with my father. He’s mentored me throughout my life and I’ve come through a better person.

If you could choose one place to live, where would it be and why?

New York City, because it’s where everything’s at! Or California.

At this moment in your life, if you could change one thing, what would it be?

I actually don’t think I’d change anything, because I think everything falls into place for a reason. You can’t change life, you have to live it they way it is. If I changed it I wouldn’t be able to live it the way I am!

Jasmine Williams is a fourth-year Journalism major, pursuing a minor in Film Studies at Carleton University. An internship at a recently launched online magazine prepared her for her new, exciting role as Campus Correspondent for Carleton University. She is never too far away from her iPhone and in her spare time, you can find her scrolling through various tumblr blogs while listening to Kings of Leon. After university, she hopes to pursue a career in online journalism.