Bryan Little ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

Bryan Little

Age: 21Degree: Aerospace Engineering, ‘16Hometown: Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia

1. Favorite song and why:

Ants of the Sky – Between the Buried and Me

It’s about how people have the tendency to be in a constant “progression” towards that perfect life, when they should be learning to love their life as it is while moving towards their goals. It’s a concept that is very important to me.

2. Favourite moment at Carleton University:

Even though I was an engineering student, I decided to partake in the general Frosh week to meet people outside my program. I met so many awesome and interesting people in such a short amount of time. It was the first time I had experienced something like that, and it was amazing!

3.Favorite attribute about a girl:

Emotionally, my preference definitely goes towards girls who are intelligent, open-minded, and not afraid to be weird. I also like a girl with passions and who sets goals for her future. Physically, eyes are my thing! I think you can tell a lot about a person simply through eye contact, and eyes are pretty sexy in themselves. Oh, and tattoos. Lots of tattoos. I realize I just named like 7 attributes, oops!

4. What was it like traveling to Kenya?

I travelled to Kenya about 3 times to visit my family before moving there for an entire summer after my first year at Carleton. The very best part of living in Kenya, though, was the people. Never in my life have I experienced such an amazing culture. The Kenyan people are the most loving, respectful, and kind people I’ve worked and socialized with.

5. What’s one thing you learned from your university career thus far that had nothing to do with academics?

The most important thing that I’ve learned here at Carleton is to not be afraid to make friends with complete strangers for no reason. This is something that I’m still working on, but at least I understand how many amazing people you can be missing out on if you don’t talk to them!

6. What’s your strongest quality?

My ability to guess the amount of jellybeans in a jar, even if I’m wrong. I also make a fantastic omelet. But seriously, I think my strongest quality is my ability to empathize with people. I feel I’m pretty good at putting myself in other peoples’ shoes to know what their thinking.

7. If you could go talk to yourself 5 years ago, what would you tell him?

I would tell him not to watch Anchorman 2. And also to not be afraid to start conversations with random people. As I mentioned earlier, there are so many cool people around to learn from if you just talk to them. I wish I had done this more!

8. All time favourite quote from a TV show:

“Chicks are like cats, dude. If you don’t keep their attention, they’ll… wait on top of the refrigerator.”    -Adam DeMamp, Workaholics

A writer who lives for waffles, travelling and mostly in the moment. I think being able to captivate someone with your intelligence is raw and genuine. Read away my fellow friends, and anytime you can write, do write - they're always valid.