Brunch Spots to Reunite After Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Carleton chapter.

If you moved provinces for University like I did, or worked away for the summer, September is full of reunions and trying to make plans while we still have our last bit of spare time and money. There’s always the Ottawa classics like Zak’s and Wilf & Ada’s, but if you’re looking to switch it up, here are a few ideas:

1. Vanitea Room

This tea room is just so pretty, has vegan and gluten free breakfast options, and the best part? Bottomless mimosas for $15. 

2. Eddy’s Diner 

A bit more student-budget friendly, Eddy’s breakfast special is only $8.50 and it’s one of the best I’ve had. The atmosphere is cozy, the classics are always playing, and while the weather’s nice the front window opens up to Bank Street for a nice patio vibe. 

3. Oat Couture 

One of Bank Street’s newer additions, Oat Couture serves different oatmeal bowls ranging from simple ones topped with local produce to savoury bowls like the “Hangover” with cheddar, bacon, apple, and caramelized onions. Bonus: it’s just a few bus stops from campus on the #7.

4. Planet Coffee

Maybe not quite a brunch place, but if you have a sweet tooth or aren’t a big breakfast eater, Planet Coffee is worth checking out. Even in the ByWard market, it’s tucked away enough to feel like a hidden treasure and they have the best baking, all from. (Try the lemon loaf!)

5. Beats and Brunch at Andaz

If you’re willing to splurge a little, Andaz’s restaurant Copper Spirits and Sights has the best view of Ottawa from the hotel’s 16th floor and hosts possibly the most fun brunch in the city. On the last Sunday of every month they host Beats and Brunch,a brunch buffet accompanied by a DJ starting at $30. 

Next time you’re planning a get-together with friends or reuniting after a summer apart, give one of these Ottawa brunch spots a shot for guaranteed good food and a good time.

Melanie is a Journalism & Law student at Carleton University that loves to travel and recently studied foreign correspondence abroad in the Czech Republic.