Kim Kardashian Robbed in Paris

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal U chapter.

On Monday, October 3rd, Kim Kardashian West was robbed at gunpoint in her Paris apartment. She was in Paris to attend this year’s fashion week. According to TMZ, Kardashian was alone in bed when five masked men wearing police uniforms forced the night concierge at Hôtel de Pourtalès to lead them to Kardashian’s apartment. TMZ reports that Kim, wearing only a robe, noticed two of the masked men and attempted to call her bodyguard moments before her phone was taken.

Once the men got to Kardashian, her wrists were zip-tied and duct-taped. The men then grabbed Kardashian by the ankles, leading her to believe she was going to be raped according to her police report.

Instead, the masked men duct-taped her ankles and carried her to a bath tub. TMZ states at this time Kim was screaming for the assailants to take her money and jewelry, and let her live. In Kardashian’s police report she said that the men did not speak English but kept repeating “ring,ring”. Kim told them where to find her new ring, a gift from husband Kanye West. The men then proceeded to duct-tape Kardashian’s mouth.

Kardashian’s friend Simone Harouche, who was sleeping in a downstairs bedroom, heard a commotion, according to TMZ, and called bodyguard Pascal Duvier. Duvier arrived a couple minutes after the suspects left on bicycles with the stolen goods.

Immediately after giving the Paris police her statement, Kim Kardashian West boarded a private plane and left Paris. She then arrived in New York City, Monday afternoon with a motorcade of 10 vehicles escorting her, her mom Kris Jenner, Jenner’s boyfriend Corey Gamble and Kanye West from the airport.

On Thursday afternoon Kim Kardashian, her kids and mom flew back to Los Angeles via private jet.

The five suspects of the crime are still at large as of Friday. As for Kardashian, she will be laying low for a while. Speculation has been swirling saying that it was a publicity stunt or Kardashian brought it on herself via social media posts [photos of the ring].

“It’s crazy to her that people, even for a second, think she is fabricating this story. She feels like no one understands her and what she been through,” a source close to Kardashian told E! News.

Our thoughts are with Kim Kardashian West and her family as they get through this difficult time.

I am a undergraduate student, seeking a B.A. in English, concentrating in Journalism and Creativing Writing. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at California University of Pennsylvania (Cal U). I am the Social Media Officer for Alpha Lambda Delta. Additionally, I manage the social media for Cal U's Women's Studies Program where I am a work study student. I am a staff writer for the Cal Times and I also write frequently for Her Campus at Cal U. In the past, I have worked as a Social Media Consultant Intern with Someone To Tell It To, a non-profit organization based in Harrisburg, PA.