What Are You Wearing On Your Feet? Part II

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Last quarter we had our first “What Are You Wearing On Your Feet?” segment and now it’s time to bring back that camera and shoot some photos. Walking around CSULA there was one clear thing: students are really digging boots for winter. Whether they are fluffy warm boots, ankle boots, booties, bootines, knee high boots, or mid-high boots they are appearing all over campus.

It’s true that it was expected of us to wear boots this winter quarter. With scarves, gloves, sweaters and hats warming us up, why can’t our feet have a little warmth too—especially if they make us look fabulous at the same time. Like mentioned, there are many different kinds of boots out there, but since Los Angeles isn’t much of a rainy/snowy weather type we don’t have to worry about the tough skinned, rough looking, bulky kinds. Instead, we wear more relaxed and stylish boots. Here is what I found.

The Bootie

This definitely has to be the LA boot. It’s short in length, it’s fresh, but it covers the foot so it’s boot up to the ankles, and they can actually be warm. These are the kind you should have fun with when shopping; find different kinds of prints, colors, structures, etc.

The Combat Boot

A trend that never leaves is the combat boot. It used be only in black but now you can buy them in a variety of colors. They are comfortable and easy to walk in. You can find them laced up and with heel or no heel. This winter you can even find these boots laced up to the knee, but if you find a good pair of mid-calf length combat boots, you have the classic style.

The Uggs

Of course, there were bound to be some girls out there wearing the Uggs or Uggs look alikes. With these, you either like them or you don’t, but one thing is for sure, in comfort out of all boots, these are the winners—maybe not so much winning in the appearance though. Also, they will definitely keep you warm, but beware: once wet, it can go downhill for your Ugg boots.

The Knee-High Boot

The winner of all boots for this segment is the Knee-High Boot. CSULA girls absolutely loved these from laced up, zipped up, or buckled up, heel or no heel, grey, nude, camel, taupe, black, brown, burgundy, etc. You really can’t go wrong with these boots because you can dress them up or dress them down. With such a versatile boot, it’s no wonder CSULA girls made an ocean of boots out of these.

Roxana is a Senior at California State University, Los Angeles majoring in Fashion Merchandising and is in process of completing three other certificates: Retailing, Marketing, and Social Media. She is a fashion columnist for the campus newspaper, University Times, and is the former President of the Fashion Association of Design Students. As a fashion enthusiast, she follows countless numbers of blogs and magazines, loves food and cooking, dancing Latin music, and spending time with her family and friends.
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez