burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

The Mini Skirt goes back about 50 years and is still one of the hottest trends today. There must be something really great about it, right? Of course, mini skirts show a lot of leg, but whether you are the showy kind of gal or not, I’ve got a few suggestions for you to pump up your skirt game.  

Finding the right fit of skirt for your body is very important to how great you look in it. There are many kinds of skirts for every kind of body. If you have a triangle shape body whether your shoulders are wide or your bust it heavier, the best kind of skirt for you is the skater skirt. Bringing in volume and movement to the bottom half will take away some of the attention from those two areas and will create a more unified look.

For the ladies that are petite you are going to want to wear a tighter fitting skirt that is regarded as a true mini. The more leg you show, the longer your legs will look, but be very careful with how tiny your skirt is because you don’t want to be giving the wrong impression either. If it helps, place your hands straight down, and where your fingers end is the length your skirt should.  Also, make sure not to wear boots that can cut off your body and make you look shorter. Other than that, I’d say you’ve got a pretty sexy skirt going on for you. 

Pear-shaped and apple-shaped ladies you are going to want to wear the A-line skirt, and let me say it is my absolute favorite. This is the original mini-skirt—the one from the 60’s—and it will create the lines you want to see. Place them to the waist and let it flow A-line down and it creates a very feminine and tailored look for you, and they are so in, so you will look chic. 

Last but certainly not least are the hourglass and the straight shape. Both of these shapes are very different, maybe even opposite, but guess what? They both look great with a bodycon skirt. Hug your body with one of these skirts and it will accentuate your lines. For the hourglass it will simply showcase the curves you already have, and for the straight shape it will tighten your waistline making it look smaller and curvier.

There is a skirt for everyone, and a mini skirt is something you must have in your closet this year because runways from all 4 capitals have proved the comeback of this fabulous find. Play with colors and pair them up with fun tops and I assure you it will become your favorite piece in your closet.

Roxana is a Senior at California State University, Los Angeles majoring in Fashion Merchandising and is in process of completing three other certificates: Retailing, Marketing, and Social Media. She is a fashion columnist for the campus newspaper, University Times, and is the former President of the Fashion Association of Design Students. As a fashion enthusiast, she follows countless numbers of blogs and magazines, loves food and cooking, dancing Latin music, and spending time with her family and friends.
Angeline is a dual major in Broadcast Journalism and Public Relations at California State University, Los Angeles. Being a Staff Reporter for The University Times, a writing tutor, and a Golden Eagle Radio Talk Show Host for the Her Campus inspired show: "Head Over Heels" are among the many things she is involved with on campus. She dreams of becoming a news reporter someday like Christiane Amanpour or Ann Curry but until then, documents her journalism journey on her blogs, "The Roaring 20's" and "On the Record," which you can find at angelinebernabe.wordpress.com. When she's not busy, she loves to paint, read, eat at all the hip L.A. spots, and try her hand at cooking new dishes.