Jacob Barrios ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Name: Jacob Barrios

Age: 19

Year: Second

Major: Business Administration

Relationship Status: In a Relationship

What made you choose CSULA?

I live really close to the university and I work really close by too. To me, CSULA is a great school because it’s very diverse.

What does your daily routine look like?

It’s sadly a Monday through Friday kind of routine. Monday and Tuesday I get up for work at 7:00AM and work until 4:00PM. Then after work I go to school from 4:20-10:00. Wednesday and Thursday I also work from 7:00AM-4:00PM then go to school from 4:20-6:00. Then Friday I work from 8:00AM-4:00PM. I have to make my money somehow right?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I see myself working in my own business and being a successful businessman. Considering that my major is business, I would obviously love to have my own business.

What qualities do you look for in a significant other?

I look for someone who understands me as a person, and doesn’t question the random things I do. I can be a very awkward person at times, but that doesn’t mean I don’t like you. Not to sound cheesy or anything, but I mainly look for the qualities a person has on the insides. But I mean hey if you are attractive, then it’s a plus.

What is your favorite place in the city?

I have many! I don’t even know where to start. Well first, I really enjoy going to Downtown LA. One of my all time vegetarian restaurants is located in the art district. I also enjoy going to Silver Lake to grab a cup of my favorite Intelligentsia coffee. I occasionally go to Uptown Whittier because one of my favorite stores, Local Fixture, is located there.

What hobbies do you have outside of class?

I really enjoy hiking and staying active. I really dislike staying indoors too often because it stresses me out.

Do you have a favorite band or movie?

This is a tough one… Arctic Monkeys is my favorite band. Although I don’t know whether to consider them a band but rather DJ’s, Disclosure is also one of my favorites. Every time I listen to them, I feel like I can let go and just lose myself to their music. It’s pretty rad.

Do you have any pets?

Yes I do. Her name is Princess and she is one old doggy that I cannot live without. She is 13 and still going strong. :)

Christine Tran

Cal State LA

After taking four different MBTI tests, Christine is the definition of someone who is half ENFJ and ESFP (she got two for each type). With that being said, this clearly explains her major in Communications at Cal State LA. With a love for fashion and music, she's the type of person who will post #ootds and pictures of every concert she's at on her Instagram. Along with that, Christine has a horrible addiction with cupcakes and tattoos which will eventually be the death of her unless her parents figure out she already has more than one tattoo first.... Find out what she's up to by following her Instagram @christineetran
Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez