I’Jazz Brooks Keeps It 100%

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Name: I’Jazz BrooksAge: 21Year: SeniorMajor: Political ScienceRelationship Status: Single

Describe yourself in three words.Majestic, Intellectual, noble.

What do you like most about Cal State L.A.? All the beautiful smiles that I get from people that walk down the halls and say hello to me.

What does your daily routine look like? First I wake up, go for a run, drink some chai tea, freshly brewed. I do some tai chi and meditation, I read a little King James version then I walk to school for my health. Then I kick it and politic with the mob, and talk about all kinds of stuff. We talk philosophy, love, the birds and the bees, the wind blowing through the trees, all that good stuff. Then I’ll write some love poems and kick my feet up, then just enjoy being alive. After that’s all and said and done, I rest my head on a satin pillow and turn to the realm of eternal bliss and Zz’s.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In five years, either I’m going to study and do yoga in the Himalayas at the foot of the master, educate the youth of America and lead them in the right direction namely towards critical self reflection and determination, or being sitting on the porch back in the countryside where I’m from (Michigan) drinking beer.

What is your favorite place in the city?Wherever there’s good people, beer, and music.

What is something interesting about you? I was born Muslim and I read a lot of books about alchemy. My heroes are Forrest Whitaker, Chris Tucker, and Carl Whinslow. Also I’m addicted to reruns to Catdog and I model my life to Bill and Ted’s Most Excellent Adventure.

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? Sweet Potato Pie.

Biggest turn on and turn off? My biggest turn on is intelligence and biggest turn off is lack of personality.

Dream big: What is your ultimate goal in life? My ultimate goal would be is to show love, be loved, and keep it 100%.

Favorite Book? I really liked Hamlet by Shakespeare.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Home, it’s where the heart is.

If you could listen to one song for the rest for your life what would it be?The World is Yours by Nas 

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez