If Disney Princesses Went to Cal State LA

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Ever wonder what it would be like if Disney princesses went to Cal State LA? We picked a few of your favorite childhood icons and brought them into our world!

Aurora from Sleeping Beauty

This princess is definitely a dorm resident, that way she can sleep as long as possible until the start of class…or even the middle. She might even sleep through class. You can spot her napping in the library or trying to stay awake during lecture hall.

Belle from Beauty and the Beast

Belle is a city transplant, moving to Los Angeles from a California suburb, or somewhere out of state. She’s always looking for adventure and usually finds it inside of a new book. She’s probably an English major, but with a minor like geography.

Pocahontas from Pocahontas

The best place to find this princess is in the wild, maybe in the nearby Angeles Forest. Nature is in her calling, along with living a low impact lifestyle. If you need advice on where to buy the best local organic goods, she’s got you covered. 

Cinderella from Cinderella 

Cinderella definitely has a fairy godmother…or at least rich parents to fund her lifestyle. Based of her appearance, you can assume that she likes the finer things in life. There is no doubt that Cinderella is hard working and focused. Yet, with a snap of her fingers, she’s got something that you’ve been pining for, whether it is a salad from Joan’s on Third or tickets to the next Hollywood Bowl concert. 

Jasmine from Aladdin 

Every princess has a little rebellion in them, but Jasmine takes it to a whole different level. With a strict father, she often sneaks out to go adventure through the city or climbs to great heights for a good view of DTLA. This princess probably has a crazy pet too! Maybe not a tiger, but a chinchilla would work.

Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves 

You can’t spot this princess without her crew. They may not be short, or all guys, but she always has them on hand. Whether they may all share the same major or are together in a club, you can spot Snow White and her seven friends joined at the hip, eating lunch at the Confucius statue. 

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez