Hillary Clinton for President, Will She Win?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State LA chapter.

Hillary Clinton has announced that she is running for president in the upcoming 2016 election. But the question is, will she win?

If we go back to Sarah Palin’s run for vice president back in 2008, it was clear that America did not take her candidacy seriously and actually viewed it as a joke, especially on Saturday Night Live. Today, being that Hilary has a more respected reputation, her run for president has gained a positive amount of feedback and word on the street is that Hillary may actually have a chance at winning. Feminism, today, is constantly being promoted and practice by both men and women, giving her election an advantage. Another advantage is that Hillary, more than likely, has the majority of women’s votes.

Even celebrities like Ariana Grande, America Ferrera, and Magic Johnson have made it clear that they are voting for Hillary and encourage their fans to join the movement. Katy Perry has even offered to write a theme song for her election. At one point it was against the law for women to vote and now we have one running for president as a competitive candidate. Whether Hillary wins or not, her candidacy alone breaks barriers, shows how far women have come and how much further we can go. You go girl! 

Nicole Lara

Cal State LA

Yzzy Gonzalez

Cal State LA

Yzzy (real name Ysabel, for the record) is obsessed with a myriad of things, including Inception, traveling, Downtown LA, and laser tagging. Majoring in Television, Film and Media and a lover of creative writing, Yzzy is torn between visual storytelling and using a whole bunch of words. Twitter: @yzzygonzalez