halloween redhead costume ideas?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
halloween redhead costume ideas?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Paramount Pictures
Style > Fashion

How Many In Your Party? Easy Halloween Costumes For All-Sized Friend Groups!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

It’s finally October which means spooky season is here! Halloween is just a few short weeks away and it’s time to get working on those Chicoween costumes. Maybe you’ve been working on yours for months, or if you’re like me, you’ll end up planning yours last minute. If you’re stuck on what to wear, here’s a few cute, simple, and rarely done costumes you could rock either by yourself or with your besties this Halloween, whether it’s for a duo or a group of five!

For One:

1. The Scream killer could be so terrifyingly cute and still so simple. Any black clothing you own will do, and then just run to your local costume store and grab the mask. Done and done!
  2. Though it’s a different holiday, an Elf on the Shelf would be so fun to do this spooky season. Just grab any red dress, a red hat and glue a white pom pom on top. It’ll be so cute and everyone will know what you are!

For Two:

1. Every Barbie needs her Raquelle! Grab your other half and put on anything sparkly to make a “gorgtastic” Halloween costume! This could also be a great solo costume, as Barbie has no shortage of classic looks.
  2. Every duo has a sun friend and a moon friend, so why not dress up like them? Any yellow/gold clothing to go with any type of dark clothing makes for an easy DIY costume. This gives the same energy as a golden retriever and black cat friend, which could also be adorable!

For Three:

1. Dress up as everyone’s favorite party game: Kiss (red/pink), Marry (white), Kill (black). Just grab any outfit in the colors necessary and accessorize as you see fit. You can get super creative with this one and add details like fake blood, lipstick marks, a bouquet, etc!
  2. If you and your friends want something more matching, try The Powerpuff Girls! Just pick who will be Blossom, Buttercup, and Bubbles and the costume will come together in no time!

For Four:

1. Easy and simple: “The Plastics” from the iconic movie, Mean Girls. The movie has plenty of memorable looks to choose from. If you want to keep it simple, just grab anything pink, but don’t forget…whoever dresses as Regina is the only one who can wear those gold hoops!
  2. Everyone has a favorite season– dress like it! Grab some cute accessories and pick your favorite, whether it be Summer, Autumn, Winter, or Spring. There are so many ways to be creative and bring this vision to life.
Mean Girls phone scene
Lorne Michaels Productions

For Five:

1. Dress as some cutie Care Bears! There are SO many to choose from– this can be a cute costume for as many people as you want. Just print out whichever belly badge you want and sew, iron, or staple it on your outfit and you’re good to go!
  2. Another option with a ton of room to make it your own is different types of kisses. Just think how many there are…french kiss, kiss of death, Hershey’s kisses, the iconic Spider-Man kiss, the band Kiss, plus many more! All you have to do is pick which one you want and have fun dressing up!

Happy Chicoween everybody, stay safe out there and look out for your friends!

Zoey Dennis

Cal State Chico '25

Zoey is a Senior here at Chico State! She is a Liberal Studies major who would love to teach high school history. She has always loved writing and teaching, and Her Campus is such a great outlet! In her free time, she loves to go out with her friends, spend time with family, listen to music, and enjoys exploring Chico.