Trader Joe'S
Trader Joe'S
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

You Need To Try These Fall Trader Joe’s Recipes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal State Chico chapter.

This cooler fall weather calls for some warm and delicious meals. Here are five easy and mouth-watering recipes you can creating using Trader Joe’s products that will enhance your fall cuisine!

Stuffed Bell Peppers

The first recipe that I have been loving this fall is stuffed bell peppers! These warm bell pepper bowls filled with gooey cheese and ground turkey are a constant staple in my meal rotation. I usually make this dish at the beginning of the week and save some of the leftovers as meal prep for the rest of my weekdays. The colorful peppers even match the changing colors of the leaves! 

Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese

The next recipe I have been indulging in this fall is the Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese. This flavorful meal only takes minutes to heat up and you can find this product in the frozen section! I gravitate towards making this delicious mac and cheese when I have not prepared meals or if I want a fast and creamy pasta. This seasonal product is a must-try!

Unexpected Grilled Cheese

A classic grilled cheese paired with tomato soup is a popular choice for most, however the Unexpected Grilled Cheese is my personal favorite. This sandwich has a bold flavor and makes you want to cozy up on the couch and watch your favorite show. The shredded Unexpected Cheddar Cheese from Trader Joe’s makes for an Instagram worthy cheese-pull. I recommend pairing this sandwich with your favorite tomato soup to complete the meal. 

Creamy Chicken Soup

This next dish is more than your average chicken noodle soup! It has soft gnocchi to spice up the dish and is filled with vegetables. This meal is perfect for those gloomy days when you just want to lay around and relax. If you want to feel slightly productive without too much effort, I suggest making this soup. All you need is TJ’s kettle cooked chicken soup, packaged gnocchi, and heavy whipping cream. This creamy and hearty dish is filling and doesn’t take much time to prepare. 

Pumpkin Bars

If I had to pick any of these five dishes to bring to a Friendsgiving, it would be these pumpkin bars. These bars have all the spices that taste like fall, such as nutmeg and cinnamon, and they are the perfect texture. I make these when I want to have a sweet treat that I can share with my friends. These bars taste like they’re made from scratch, when in reality, they’re a low commitment and quick recipe! Added bonus: the creamy icing brings an extra sweet touch to these pumpkin bars!

Julia Critchett

Cal State Chico '25

Julia Critchett is an eager Business Marketing major who is navigating her junior year at Cal State University, Chico. She is a part of the greek organization on campus, Alpha Phi where she holds a position as Assistant Director of Social Media. Julia is excited to share her thoughts and ideas on topics related to pop culture and all things Chico State! In her freetime Julia enjoys hiking with friends, thrifting, meeting new people, and indulging in restaurants in downtown Chico. Some of her favorite hobbies include cooking and catching up on current events! When she has downtime she relaxes by watching some of her favorite TV series or listening to her favorite musical artists. Julia grew up in a small town in Northern California called Petaluma. After college she hopes to reside in either San Diego or San Francisco while working for a marketing agency. She hopes to meet as many new people as possible during her time at Chico State and make long lasting connections!