Spring Quarter as told by The Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

You’re coming in hot off your spring break high, refreshed and ready for a new quarter! Nothing stands between you and summer except 10 short weeks, and it has you feeling like a rock star.

You’ve set some goals to do in order to get your body ready for swimsuit season vastly approaching. Working out 5 times a week at the Rec should be easy, right?

Maybe not…

But still, you are determined to make Spring Quarter the best quarter yet. And your roommate agrees. A little party never hurt anyone.

You make a bucket list. No regrets! This is your time to get outside your comfort zone and end the school year with a bang.

Trying new things don’t scare you. You’re daring and adventurous.

But then reality sets in, and you realize you actually still have to study and attend class. Which is not exactly ideal when it’s sunny outside and nearly 100 degrees.

All the sudden midterms pop up and you feel like hiding in your room and possibly not returning until dead week, maybe just not at all.

Anything sounds better than studying. Procrastinating yet again, you wish for the quarter to be over. At this point you just want summer, and you want it now. It’s got you feeling some type of way.

All your friends on the semester system go home for the summer and your sitting in the library unhappily with your biology textbook, questioning life.

But you hang in there. Even if you are totally and completely sleep deprived for the entire quarter…

Group projects? Sign you up. Splitting the work up is your kind of game.

However, despite all the boring schoolwork, you start to realize your going to miss your friends over the summer. Suddenly you don’t want to leave.

All the wonderful friends you have made make goodbyes so much harder. What are you going to do without your roommates?

The last couple weeks of school you give everyone hugs. Sometimes you don’t even know why. Three months really is a long time after all.

Nostalgic, you reminisce on all the amazing times you had, realizing how lucky you are to attend such a prestigious and amazing school. You might tear up a bit, but they are tears of joy.

But you don’t fret too much, for fall quarter will be here sooner than you think. And soon you will be reunited with your friends again.

You deserve a round of applause; you survived another year and accomplished many things. Even if it was only going to the Rec once…

And some more…

Congratulations! A victory dance (Andy-style) is only appropriate to celebrate.

Samantha is a second year journalism student at Cal Poly. On campus, she is a staff writer for the Mustang News, editor for Her Campus Cal Poly, a board member on the American Marketing Association and plays intramural soccer. She loves to write, wear pajamas and re-watch episodes of The Office on Netflix. She aspires to have a career in broadcast journalism or law and hopes to someday travel around the world.
Aja Frost

Cal Poly

Aja Frost is a college junior living in San Luis Obispo, California. She is equally addicted to good books and froyo, and considers the combo of the two the best since pb & b (peanut butter and banana.) Aja has been published on the Huffington Post, USA Today College, Newsweek, The Daily Muse, xoJane, and Bustle, among other publications. Follow her on Twitter: @ajavuu