Wellness > Health

Skincare Brands From Sephora You Need To Try!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

After struggling with acne since 8th grade, I have been in constant search for products that will clear my skin. I thought this battle would be never ending until I recently found my holy-grail acne product at Sephora; my skincare routine has built off this magical serum! Let me share some of my favorite Sephora skin care products. 

1. Glow Recipe

Glow Recipe is a clean skincare brand that leaves your skin feeling well-nourished. Each product smells like an assigned type of fruit. I found out about the Glow Recipe through a gift I received for Christmas. The pineapple brightening serum was my first product (they sadly are sold out of this right now) and I fell in love! I then was recently gifted the watermelon niacinamide dew drops for my birthday in a “Sephora’s Favorite” package. These drops are now a part of my everyday skin routine. My mom is a fan of the watermelon scent so she has been using the Watermelon Glow lotion every day. We both love this brand.

1. Good Molecules

Good Molecules is actually not a Sephora brand (shhhh), it is from Ulta! I had to mention it, however, because it is affordable and wonderful! I use the 6 dollar hyaluronic acid serum every day and love the way my skin looks after. It feels so soft and the redness in my skin is totally balanced out. A must have for everyone! 

1. Wishful

Wishful will leave your face feeling so smooth and refreshed. I received the enzyme scrub  also in my “Sephora’s Favorite” box. I use this exfoliator a few times a week before bed and my skin looks super rejuvenated the next morning. There is not a strong scent to this product which I think is a plus. It works extremely well as an exfoliator! 

Onto the final crowning-glory of products:

1. Peter Thomas Roth

Peter Thomas Roth is very pricey but very effective. These products always have some kind of positive difference on my face. The acne treatment gel has been such a life-saver for me! If you still struggle with acne, buy this product. It helps keep your face clear and stops any new acne from forming. 

1. Murad

Murad has been a go-to skincare brand of mine since 7th grade. I remember buying a concealer stick from them that helped conceal acne and it did a great job. I recently purchased it to help with acne scarring. It made a huge difference on my face and definitely reduced the appearance of scars. If you struggle with scarring, I recommend this product for you! 

I hope you find a brand/product that works for you from this list! 

Clare Zianno

Cal Poly '24

Hi everyone!! I am a 4th year English major at Cal Poly, editorial staff member at CP Her Campus, and love everything and anything pop culture.