Introducing Cal Poly’s Latest Campus Cutie: Marcus Anthony Pereira

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Meet Cal Poly’s latest Campus Cutie, Marcus Anthony Pereira!

Hometown: Morgan Hill, CA (Santa Claria Area Bay Area)

Year: 3rd

Major: Mechanical Engineer

Relationship Status: Single

Campus Involvement:  Tenaya IHC Hall Council President, Overall IHC President, Orientation Team, Open House Committee, Student Library Advisory Council, Orientation Board, SLAC Vice Chair, Student Rep for the Parent Advisory Council

HC: Why did you choose Cal Poly?

Marcus Anthony Pereira:  Cal Poly wasn’t my top choice originally. Stanford was my dream school at the time but Cal Poly’s vibe friendly people and cooperative attitude made me value my choice to attend Cal Poly instead. I live the Mustang Way!

HC: What’s your favorite place in SLO?

MAP: My favorite place is Thai Boat because of the awesome food and the friendly atmosphere!

HC: Who is your role model?

MAP: My role model is Benjamin Meoz, my former IHC Advisor. I talked to him in middle of the year   my freshman year about IHC board elections.  We disagreed a lot because of our very different personalities. Yet, he would always provide a very wise perspective on how I should approach my future. I still go to him to bounce off ideas of what I should do and just figuring out my future.

HC:  If you could be a fruit, what fruit would you be and why?

MAP:  I would be a lime because of its bright, vibrant nature with a satisfying sour, sassy kick to it.

HC: What do you do like to do during your free time?

MAP:  What free time! When I have it, I spend it bonding with my roommates. We play baseball, go on downtown adventures, eating food, and have friendsgiving and so much more activities.

HC:  Favorite Froyo flavor?

MAP:  My favorite Froyo flavor is Graham cracker flavor, with chocolate to make it taste like s’mores.

HC: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

MAP: The perfect date includes good conversation no matter what you do or where you go. I want it to sound like we are just two really good friends talking. Very natural and real.

HC: What are your top three favorite movies?

MAP:  1. Forrest Gump, 2. Batman Trilogy, 3. Elf

HC: If you were in the Hunger Games, what district do you think you would hail from and who would be your district buddy?

MAP:  I would have Zack Galifianakis be my Lumber District 7 buddy and we would have matching flannels basically looking like twin Lumberjacks.  

HC: What has been your most favorite moment while being at Cal Poly?

MAP: My personal transition from Orientation Team to Orientation Board  was my favorite moment. Allowing to put my best self out there and being validated for my hard work was very rewarding.

HC: Any advice to give the freshmen of Cal Poly?

MAP: Watch out for the chocolate tacos! They are so good and sooo cheap. You think you should get one with your extra plus dollars, DON’T DO IT! 

HC: Where do you see yourself in five years?

MAP: My long term goal is to be Disney Imagineer . With my math science background and leadership skills, I will make the fun things to come life!

Davis is a 4th year Dairy Science major who has a passion for tea, dressing up her rabbit, playing Pokemon and making every Disney movie she watches a sing-along.Davis tries her best to incorporate her bubbly personality into all her articles.Davis thanks you for taking the time out of your busy lives to observe and reflect on her (mostly) silly articles.Enjoy! 
Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8