This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Cal Poly weather can be quite unpredictable. The weather app might say it is 75 degrees and sunny but you’re dripping in sweat on your way to class and shivering once you sit down in the classroom. Here is your guide on how to prepare for the weather of Poly!

• If you have only morning class, dress cozy

Most mornings there is fog rolling into SLO county. This makes the mornings become pretty chilly. Plus, since it is so early, the weather is a perfect excuse to dress comfy for class and pick up a warm Starbucks on your way. 

-If you have class from 12-4, dress with layers

This is the most uncertain time of day because the temperature can rise and fall pretty quickly. When I have class during this time, I like to wear a sleeveless top or light-weight shirt and bring a blazer or zip-up hoodie in my backpack in case I become cold. 

• If you have class from 5 o’clock on, bring a warm jacket

Once the sun goes down, it can be freezing outside. You do not want to be walking home in the cold without a warm jacket to comfort you. 

I hope these tips help you dress for our lovely Cal Poly Weather!

Clare Zianno

Cal Poly '24

Hi everyone!! I am a 4th year English major at Cal Poly, editorial staff member at CP Her Campus, and love everything and anything pop culture.