Choosing the Right Workout For You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Nothing could be more terrifying than having your jeans feel a little tighter than usual, and let’s face it, it happens way too often. Whether you’re fighting the Freshman 15 or just suffering from a bad habit of too many fro-yo trips, finding the right work out routine is a must.

1. Kayla Itsines’s Bikini Body Guide – for the girl on the go

If your biggest excuse for not working out is that you don’t have time, then this is the perfect guide for you. Australian fitness trainer, Kayla Itsines, has sculpted a 12-week guide with 28-minute circuits that produce unbelievable results. Sure, it’s a little pricey, but grab a group of friends and start the challenge together!

2. Tone It Up! – for a complete lifestyle change

Are you clueless as to what you should be eating, or what exercises will produce the results you’ve been dreaming of? Well, you’re in luck! Karena and Katrina have made an entire community with Tone It Up! members to help motivate you to achieve your goals! Oh, and the best part? You can get so many great tips from their website without even having a membership! No excuses now, are there?

3. Insanity – for quick and dirty results

A year’s worth of results in just 60 days? Yeah, that’s definitely insane in my book. But hey, so are those great “after” body pictures BeachBody advertises. So, dig deep (…way deep) and make all of the blood, sweat and tears transform your body into something you’ll be proud to show off.

4. Tips and tricks – for every Cal Poly girl

Are you guilty of always starting a great fad diet or work out regime, but then find yourself slowly forgetting what you signed up for? Try something that doesn’t require as much commitment, like going to Cal Poly’s rec center a few times a week or even just taking the long way to class — those hills can be a killer leg work out!

Now remember, collegiettes, you have a closet stuffed with cute clothes that are counting on you to stay in shape this quarter! You wouldn’t want to disappoint them by never wearing them, would you?

Taylor Petschl

Cal Poly '18

Taylor Petschl is a Cal Poly SLO alum and is currently attending Boston University for graduate school. She is a former campus correspondent and editorial intern for Her campus! 
Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8