Check-out Cal Poly’s Food Assistance Program for Students

If you or anyone you know is facing food insecurity, please check-out the CalFresh program!

CalFresh (federally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP) is a government program that provides monthly food benefits for those eligible, including students. The EBT cards can be used in many places that sell food, including grocery stores and farmers markets!

Here are the eligibility requirements from a CalFresh associated website:

If you are considered a student, you can get CalFresh if you:

  • Work at least 20 hours per week, on average, OR

  • Are approved for state or federal work-study money and anticipate working during the term, OR

  • Have parental control over a dependent under the age of 6, or between 6-12 with no adequate child care.

  • Are receiving CalWORKs, OR

  • Are enrolled in CalFresh employment and training or another job training program accepted by CalFresh

To learn more, you can visit Cal Poly’s CalFresh Outreach Team during their drop-in hours Mondays from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Mondays and Fridays from 1 p.m.-4 p.m. in the Campus Health and Wellbeing building (Building 27, Room 173B). The Outreach Team can help with eligibility pre-screenings, application help, and answer any questions you have. You can also contact them at (805) 399-0236 or email [email protected].

Visit this link to learn more about Cal Poly’s Hunger Program resources including meal vouchers, a food pantry, and CalFresh benefits.