Anti- New Year’s Resolutions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Three weeks of break is wondrous — every single minute of it. But after the celebrations on New Year’s Day, it will be resolution time. And as it goes to show, they don’t last very long, so here is a little mix of resolutions – the Anti-Resolutions for all the Cal Poly students. “Anti-Resolutions” aren’t your typical resolutions. Here are four simple things to start doing in this New Year.

Instead of “eat healthy”

CP Resolution: I will limit myself to one Starbucks a day, and only three toppings at YoCre. As we all know, we have to take baby steps to reach our goals.

—————–

Instead of: “I will work out more often”

CP Resolution: I will go on hikes more often.

With so many beautiful hills to climb around SLO, you are almost obligated to hike. Don’t forget about all those Instagram pictures with the #nofilter hashtag!

——————–

Instead of: I will get 8 hours of sleep a night

CP Resolution: I will not end up on the Cal Poly Sleeps page

The entire page is hilarious to look at, but is not so good if you are caught in a nap. So get those zzz’s and make sure your friends aren’t sneaking around if you do decide to sleep on Dexter. Check out the hilarious moments here:  Cal Poly Sleeps

_____________

Instead of: “I will study more”

CP Resolution: I will find a new study spot downtown

With all the wonderful coffee shops downtown and the studious people working, you will be motivated to at least take out a book so you can justify your chai latte purchase.

Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8