This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

The theme for this year’s Women’s March in San Luis Obispo, California was “Truth to Power” in reference to the record-breaking year for women and minorities running for office and speaking out against sexual violence.

According to the Women’s March SLO’s website, they “ stand in solidarity to protect women’s rights, human rights, our safety, our health, and our planet, as we move toward a positive and just future.” People attending the march create signs in order to show what they are marching for.

Here are nine of the best signs from the Women’s March.

1. What Do Glass Ceilings and Brick Walls Have in Common? Women Breaking Through Them!

2. Let’s Get This Bread Equality

3. Thou Shalt Not Mess With Our Rights 

4. Sugar and Spice and Reproductive Rights 

5. P***y Power Against the Patriarchy

6. Teach Girls to be Somebodies Instead of Somebody’s

7. Power to the People

8. We Out Here Drippin’ in G’damn Feminism

9. Keep Your Policies Off My Body

These are only a few out of the many great signs at the 2019 Women’s March. If you didn’t make it to this year’s march we hope to see you at next year’s march with your most creative signs!

Hi I'm Lauren! I am the Campus Correspondent at Cal Poly, SLO. I am studying journalism and hope to have a career in TV broadcasting. When I'm not running around campus with a camera interviewing people, you can find me watching makeup tutorials on Youtube. I LOVE anything beauty or skincare related and I'm always looking for new makeup products! Follow me to see makeup looks, sunset pictures in SLO and all my friends! (Oh and I have some funny tweets too!)