This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Before 2020, most of us had never bought a mask, and now, no one leaves home without one. Buying reusable face masks is an easy way to care about both your health and the environment, as well as support small businesses! Here are 7 incredible shops we think you’ll love.

Find Your Mask

Find Your Mask has made 60,000+ sales from their Los Angeles – based mask shop! The store features masks in a wide range of both child and adult sizes. Some of their popular prints include colorful leopard print and pretty floral patterns. We especially love the unique featured tie-dye design, which you can find in several different single and multi-colored variations. 

Not only are their masks incredible, they also give back to the community! Shop owner JUN says that “our shop has donated 4,450 masks to our local hospitals – Children’s Hospital Los Angeles and Keck Medicine of USC.”

Harmony In Your Home

If you’re looking for a specific print, chances are Harmony In Your Home has what you’re looking for! The shop has over 160 different mask designs, all made with soft 2-layer 100% fabric cotton. Some distinctive products include autism awareness puzzle pieces, sports teams, rainbows, and even sushi! We’re loving the pretty fall leaves mask, which is perfect for October.

Eaglefeather Designs

Eaglefeather Designs is a facebook-based shop owned by Cal Poly San Luis Obispo alumna Kari Magill! She and her mother team up to make homemade masks for their shop. Their masks are made with double layer cotton, moldable nose pieces, and elastic ear straps. You can check out their large variety of mask fabric options here and get ready for Halloween with these spooky masks

Emerson Coast

With rush season going on, what better way to stay safe and show off your sisterhood than with a sorority themed mask? Emerson Coast has a variety of designs that come with any sorority name, from colorful dots to butterflies. Their masks are 2-ply cotton with soft ear loops. Other than Greek life masks, we also love their cute colors and fun messages on their positivity, spread kindness, and too rad masks.

Vija Shop

Vija Shop sells polyester face masks with two layers of fabric and elastic earpieces! Their shop specializes in bridal masks, but we love their vote collection! We can’t wait to wear the sign language, check mark, and flag lips vote masks every day until November (register to vote today!) and when we cast our ballots. They also have cute new Halloween masks perfect for this month!

Meraki Handcraft Shop

Meraki Handcraft Shop features a ton of designs on their etsy shop. Their cotton masks feature a filter pocket for extra protection and have easily adjustable straps. Their main masks come in 60 different colors and patterns, including outer space, breast cancer awareness ribbons, and roses! Also, be sure to check out their handmade, embroidered Black Lives Matter masks, from which their description states “proceed from sales of this design will be donated to local efforts in equity and social justice education.”

Masks for ALSF

Masks for ALSF is owned by Emily Vu and her mother, and the pair donates 50% of proceeds generated (over $1,000 so far) to Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation, a group that fundraises for Pediatric Cancer research, and particularly their COVID-19 Relief Fund. Their most popular designs include Cow Print and currently sold-out Care Bear masks, and all masks are three-layer cotton, which a Duke University study found to be among the safest. Emily says that she originally started the shop as a creative outlet during quarantine and learned a lot about time management and public safety through this project. She credits community support like her former high school classmates for the initial traction to have a successful Etsy shop.

On the importance of masks, Emily reminds us “masks and social distancing by no means should seem like a chore or a burden because in the long term, these two small tasks could not only save thousands of lives directly, but it would help our country as a whole to return to ‘normal’ life – a life where struggling businesses/restaurants can finally operate at full capacity, healthcare professionals can feel safer at their workplace, students can return to school, and charities, like ALSF, can operate fully focused on their trek to discovering a cure for pediatric cancer.”

We hope you love these masks as much as we do, and that you’ll check them out on Etsy, Facebook, and Instagram. Please remember to follow your local social distancing rules and stay safe by wearing a mask!

Emi Nishida is a fourth year English major with Linguistics and Child Development minors from Irvine, California. She serves as Editor in Chief for Cal Poly’s chapter of Her Campus. Other than writing, her passions include music, dance, romcoms, anything arts & crafts, and exploring the outdoors.