We’ve all heard the saying, “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade,”–but lemons are worth so much more than just lemonade. They’re a rich source of nutrients such as Vitamin C, Calcium, and antioxidants which protect our cells from damage. There are countless benefits and uses to lemons, many of which you probably haven’t heard of. Here are some tips and tricks to incorporating one of our favorites citruses into your life style.
Liz Lemon approves of this message.
- Hair Care: It’s pretty commonly known that lemons can be used to give hair a sun-kissed look; however, they can also do much more! If lemon juice is applied to the scalp, it can reduce dandruff and hair loss. If lemon juice is applied directly to hair, it can give hair a natural shine.
- Skin Care: Lemons can help skin in several different ways. In order to remove blackheads, squeeze lemon together with baking soda in order to create a thick paste. Apply the paste to your skin for about 20 minutes to remove the blackheads. To enhance skin complexion, drink lemon juice with water and honey. Lemon juice can also be applied to reduce acne, heal burns, and can be used as an anti-aging remedy.
- Dental Care: Although lemons can be highly acidic, a small touch of lemon juice can be helpful when trying to have nice clean teeth. Adding a drop of lemon juice to your toothpaste can help cleanse your teeth. If your gums begin to bleed, massaging the gums with lemon juice can help.
- Relaxation: Lemons can have a calming effect that may reduce anxiety, fatigue, exhaustion, and nervousness. For instant relief and relaxation, place your feet in warm water with lemon juice. This can help boost your mood.
- Reduce Foot Odor: Studies have shown that lemons can reduce foot odor because of their antibacterial properties. In addition to being relaxing, soaking feet in warm water with lemon juice can reduce foot odor.
- Satisfying the Sweet Tooth: If all else fails, enjoy the sweet yet zesty taste of lemons. Here’s a great lemon bars recipe to try.
So, next time life gives you lemons… make lemonade, and then help your hair, clean up your complexion, brighten your smile, reduce your anxiety, banish smelly feet, and dig into some lemon bars.