4 Nostalgic Childhood Movies You Forgot About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Whether you are a Netflix-binging fanatic or an everyday YouTube watcher, the movies from my childhood always make me happy to rewatch. Here are a few movies you probably forgot about!

1. Over the Hedge

Not to be confused with the similar movie, Hoodwinked, Over the Hedge, released in 2006, follows the adventure of a turtle, raccoon and squirrel taking over suburbia. You will remember this movie once you start watching. Who does not love an animated, talking animal!

1. Peter Pan

Peter Pan is a movie I will never forget about, although I have not rewatched it in about 10 years. The Disneyland ride is normally my refresher for this classic movie. Even though this movie is probably older than our parents, it is a great family movie to watch together. 

1. The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea

Aside from Sleeping Beauty, Ariel was my second favorite princess. Watching her movies made me feel like I was a mermaid. I love the second movie released in 2000 because Ariel’s relationship with her daughter is fun to watch. Another favorite mermaid movie is Aquamarine. It will make you want to be a mermaid too!

1. The Lion King 1 ½ 

If you are a fan of the Lion King, chances are you have also seen the Lion King 1 ½. It would normally play right after the Lion King. This 2004 movie focuses on Timon and Pumba and their wild adventure. It is guaranteed a laugh!

If you are needing a breather from studying for midterms, take a trip back in time to your younger self with these movies! 

Clare Zianno

Cal Poly '24

Hi everyone!! I am a 4th year English major at Cal Poly, editorial staff member at CP Her Campus, and love everything and anything pop culture.