20 Reasons You’re Actually a Grandma

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

As college students, we are young, optimistic, full of potential… and maybe already in touch with our inner grandma? Many of us are developing habits that are matching us more with the lifestyles of the elderly than young adults. Read ahead to see if you are, in fact, a grandma.

1. You enjoy naps. Crave them, really. “I can’t wait to sleep after my 2 p.m. class.”

2. A walk in the park sounds great. “Roomies! Let’s go for a walk! Fresh air! Nature!”

3. You have a tea collection that you are quite proud of. “I don’t have any alcohol, but look at all my teas!”

4. You are amazed at the athletic achievements of your youth. “How on earth did I do a back handspring?”

5. Sometimes your body aches…for absolutely no reason. “Did I sleep wrong? Or does my body just hate me?”

6. You are ready for bed by 10. Or nine. Or right after dinner. “I’m exhausted! Is it time for bed yet?”

7. You actually have begun to care about your health. “I should probably just drink water instead of soda. I don’t need it.”

8. Fraternity parties sound awful. “Can’t we just stay in and watch movies? It’s cold outside and I don’t want to talk to anyone.”

9. What other people think no longer matters. “I’m going to wear lipstick. I don’t care if guys aren’t into it.”

10. Your clothes are more functional and less focused on impressing others. “It’s freezing outside, time to look like a marshmallow.”

11. Teenagers are starting to confuse you. “Why do they travel in huge packs?!”

12. The social importance of clothing brands are a thing of the past. “To the $4 sweaters!”

13. Mornings are a time of productivity. “It’s 9 a.m. and I’m actually exercising right now…what is life?”

14. Cleaning makes you happy. “My room is a mess! I’m going to put on some music and clean all this stuff up!”

15. Fragrances are fantastic. “Is that a honey vanilla lavender candle I smell?”

16. Coffee is happiness. “Got my coffee fix. Feeling pretty good right about now.”

17. Yoga is more beneficial than ever before. “Yoga is THE best!”

18. Colors like burgundy have taken the place of glitter and neon pink. “Dark nails are always in season.”

19. You pay attention to gas prices now. “Do you want to carpool to that?”

20. You’ve got some serious DIY skills. “I crotchet all my beanies!”

Stephanie enjoys cats, crafts, and carrots when she's feeling healthy. She believes that the best writers were first avid readers. Consequently, her love for the two run deep! A third-year English major, she aspires to one day work in a publishing company editing manuscripts and helping writers achieve their literary goals.
Hannah is a sophomore at Cal Poly in San Luis Obispo, CA. Besides writing, she loves running, Thai food and making ridiculously unaffordable collections on Wanelo. Hannah is obsessed with The Walking Dead, old Disney movies, Ed Sheeran and wasting time on Photoshop. She'd like to point out that she can't sing or dance, but will, because that's when it's the most fun, especially when the songs are from "Les Miserables." Follow her on Twitter @joslin_hannah and Instagram @hannahmichele8