With the new quarter already upon us, now is as good a time as any to get more in touch with the Cal Poly community. The best way to do this, of course, is to join clubs! It’s never too late to get involved and spring quarter is the perfect opportunity to scope out some great organizations here on campus. Here’s a list of of some awesome clubs that are definitely worth your consideration.
1. Sierra Student CoalitionSpring is the best time for outdoor adventures. Check out Sierra Student Coalition this quarter and find out how to live by their motto, “Education Through Exploration.”
2. Fair Trade ClubAre you passionate about fair trade? Join this organization to learn why equality in trade is important and help promote ethical trading practices right here in San Luis Obispo.
3. Beach VolleyballWhat better way to have fun at the beach while getting a great workout and a tan than by playing some volleyball on a sandy court?
4. Global Food TastersThis is a club exclusively for us foodies. If you love to cook and/or eat diverse cuisine from around the world, this is the place for you.
5. Zero WasteThis club focuses on creating a more conscious and conserving community. Help make the world a less wasteful place by participating in Zero Waste this quarter.
6. SLO GLOEver seen those people dancing while hypnotically spinning glow sticks around campus? Wish you could be that cool? You can be — join SLO GLO to master the art of glow stick dancing.
7. Sailing TeamImagine: salty wind blowing through your hair as you cruise across the open waters on a sailboat. Sounds pretty appealing, doesn’t it? Stop daydreaming and join the sailing team!
8. Poly PermacultureGet down to earth this quarter with Poly Permaculture! Become more environmentally conscious by actively participating in and learning about sustainable practices.
9. Cal Poly ClimbersGet your daily dose of vitamin D this spring by rock climbing! Cal Poly Climbers will help you learn the ropes (literally) and you’ll be a pro in no time.
10. Net ImpactThis is a great nonprofit organization that seeks to create a better world through sustainability. Be a part of the movement by checking out Net Impact this quarter.
Get more information about these clubs and more from Cal Poly’s Club Directory.