How To Survive A Night Out With Your Boyfriend’s Friends As Told by Clueless

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

We’ve all been there before. Your girlfriends ditch you after you’ve already gotten ready and you’re forced to go out with your boyfriend’s friends. Flashback to the ‘90s. Would Cher and Dionne from “Clueless” let that ruin their night? AS IF! Let’s see how they would handle this totally tragic scenario.

Okay. It’s 9 p.m. on a Friday night. You planned this night all week and you’re totally ready to step out on the town with the girls. Your hair is actually perfect and eyebrows are totally on fleek. You are just slaying in your new two-piece outfit. What could go wrong?

Uh-oh. It’s now 10 p.m. and your girlfriends have all decided they can’t make it out tonight. You totally can’t waste all that hard work on your flawless Friday night look. Looks like it’s time to do the unthinkable, the always dreaded call to your boyfriend while praying for the invite to guys’ night out.

He says of course you’re welcome, but you have to drive. They get in the car and, of course, have something to say about your less-than perfect driving skills.

So you have to listen to their bragging stories about how many girls they’ve hooked up with.

But when you add how you totally aced your calc exam, they just call you a nerd.

Once you get to the bar, they all order what’s on special. Not you.

And after a few drinks, they ask your opinion about the girl they’ve been dancing with.

So, actually after a while you seem to just fit in. You’re basically one of the guys now.

Well, kinda.

And after spending time with them, you realize they’re really nice guys. And you totally don’t mind joining guys’ night more often.

Your boyfriend’s thoughts?

Oh, well. You tried.

Passionate about passion, Dominique wishes she lived in a romantic comedy. Romance novels consume her time off. Carrie Bradshaw is her idol. Being a former cast member for the Walt Disney Resort in Orlando, Walt Disney quotes make her cry. Dominique believes you can do anything you put your mind to with perseverance, ambition, and a little pixie dust. Dominique hopes to pursue a career in broadcast journalism one day someplace warm. Junk food junkie and Taco Bell enthusiast. Dominique is the captain of her dance team at Cabrini college, news anchor at LOQation News, assistant Lifestyles editor at the Loquitur, and an on air DJ at WYBF.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.