Campus Cutie Mr. & Miss Cabrini Edition: Mackenzie Harris ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Name: Mackenzie Harris

Year: Senior

Major: Digital Communication and Social Media and minor in Social Justice

Hometown: Kennett Square, Pa

Activities: Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia’s Research Institute Editorial Intern for Research Communication, Co-Campus Correspondent and Co-Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Cabrini, President of Catholic Relief Services Student Ambassadors, Search Leader for Campus Ministry, Immersion Trip Leader for Ecuador, Classroom Coach for ECG 100 Our Interconnected World, Student Ambassadors for Admissions Office, member of Society for Collegiate Journalists National Honors Society, Alpha Lambda Delta National Honors Society and Cav Traditions

Relationship status: Taken

Who nominated you? Catholic Relief Services Student Ambassadors

Favorites:

Color: Light blue

Animal: Kitties

Food: Literally anything. I love cooking and eating.

Movie: It’s A Wonderful Life

Place on campus: Art studio

What three words would you use to describe yourself?

Compassionate, creative and resilient

What would you say has been your proudest moment so far as a Cabrini student?

This is such a difficult question just because Cabrini has given me so many opportunities that I am beyond proud of. However, I am hands down most proud of being the Editor-in-Chief of the Loquitur last year. The beautiful creations my team members made led us to be finalists for Associated Collegiate Press Pacemaker for Best Front Page Newspaper and College Media Association Pinnacle for Best Editorial Illustration.

How did it feel being nominated for Miss Cabrini?

Honestly, so honored. I just felt like it was so sweet that the Ambassadors nominated me!

How would you describe your ideal date?

I’m crazy and love doing anything active. Whether we go for a hike, go out for dinner, go dancing, go to a concert or just relax and make dinner together – I really just appreciate spending time with them.

Who inspires you and why?

My siblings. I’m honored and so lucky that I can call my two sisters and two brothers my best friends. From the day my younger sister, Samantha, was born – my life changed for the better. I honestly wouldn’t be where I am today without them.

Also, Malala Yousafzai. Her inspiration is what is helping to transform our world for a better, equal society. I look up to her relentlessness and hope one day I could help transform our world for the better.

What is one thing you hope to accomplish before graduating?

I have the opportunity to create an award-winning website with some of the most exceptional communication seniors on wealth inequality. So I just really want to help us move forward and finish our beauty.

What do you hope to be doing after graduation?

I plan on volunteering and doing some service out of the country and then hopefully getting a full time job at a non-profit as the social media manager.

Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.