Campus Cutie: Cortney Hanson ‘17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

Name: Cortney Hanson

Year: Junior

Major: Early Education PreK-4 with Special Education K-8

Hometown: Middlesex, NJ

Activities: Captain of the Cabrini College Dance Team, Alumni Department Student Worker, Pre-service teacher

Relationship status: Single

Favorites

Color: Purple

Animal: Dolphin

Food: Chicken Francese or basically anything Italian!

Movie: John Tucker Must Die

Quote: “That’s the real problem with the world, too many people grow up.” -Walt Disney

Celebrity crush? 

Justin Bieber and Nick Jonas, it’s a tie!

What three things do you always have on you? 

My cellphone, chapstick and my glasses

How would your friends describe you? 

Empathetic, hardworking, funny and shy until you get to know me!

Most embarrassing moment at Cabrini?

I tripped and dropped my keys down the elevator shaft in front of a bunch of people.

How would you describe your ideal date?

Anything that is adventurous or a surprise, but I’m always down for a Netflix and Chill night.

Who inspires you and why?

My parents inspire me the most because they gave me and all five of my siblings the gift of a Catholic education throughout all of our school years. They are my number one supporters and have always encouraged me in pursuing my dreams of being a teacher and a professional dancer.

What is the one thing you hope to accomplish before graduating? 

I really would love to be on the President’s list.

Where do you see yourself 10 years from now? 

I hope to have a career as a teacher in a first grade classroom along with a family of my own. I also hope to dance for a professional sports team.

Passionate about passion, Dominique wishes she lived in a romantic comedy. Romance novels consume her time off. Carrie Bradshaw is her idol. Being a former cast member for the Walt Disney Resort in Orlando, Walt Disney quotes make her cry. Dominique believes you can do anything you put your mind to with perseverance, ambition, and a little pixie dust. Dominique hopes to pursue a career in broadcast journalism one day someplace warm. Junk food junkie and Taco Bell enthusiast. Dominique is the captain of her dance team at Cabrini college, news anchor at LOQation News, assistant Lifestyles editor at the Loquitur, and an on air DJ at WYBF.
Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.