5 Tips For A Stress-Free Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cabrini chapter.

In a perfect world, a break means a full week of nothing but relaxation and fun. However, that doesn’t stop homework from being due or tests needing to be studied for. We can’t all travel to some exotic beach to make the spring break stress go away, so here are some tips for handling it from wherever you are.

1. Do Your Work Early

It may be the last thing you feel like doing, but if you get your homework done at the beginning of the week, you’ll have the rest of the week to relax. You’ll be thanking yourself when you’re hanging out with your friends or watching Netflix instead of rushing to write that paper.

2. Have A Staycation

If going away is a no-go, go with the next best thing. Gather up a few friends, or maybe even your mom and sister, and make a day out of having fun right where you are. Check out a new restaurant or go to your favorite tourist trap. When you’re enjoying yourself instead of sitting around, you’ll be much less stressed about that assignment.

3. Team Up

You’re definitely not the only person who has work to do. Get a group together and work on your assignments together. Play good studying music, eat some snacks and help each other with the work you find challenging. It’ll seem less daunting with someone in your corner.

4.  Have A Spa Day

Having a spa day is one of the most stereotypical stress-relievers of the batch but also one of the most effective. Go to an actual spa and get a massage, or just spend a day putting on face masks and painting your nails. Relaxing will sooth you and alleviate your stress.

5. Seek Counseling

Sometimes, stress isn’t just because of homework and isn’t confined to spring break. If your stress is too overwhelming and stress-relieving tips aren’t helping you, the best thing may be to seek professional help. You’ll feel better for it.

Erica is a senior at Cabrini College, majoring in communication with a minor in Spanish and is a Campus Correspondent of Her Campus' Cabrini chapter. She loves writing and hopes to make a career of it one day. Despite being a commuter, you can most often find her in her second home: the newsroom. In her free time, you can find her catching up on the latest episode of "Pretty Little Liars" or "The Bachelor," writing about trending and entertainment topics, as well as obsessing over the latest news from Imagine Dragons.