This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Most of us know our Zodiac sign and our Enneagram type, but they rule very different sectors of our lives. We excitedly check our horoscope via Cosmo, and it tells us what to expect in the next week. We carefully read @enneagramandcoffee’s insight into our types. But are our Zodiac signs and Enneagram types more intertwined than we think they are? Over the next few weeks, Sarah Claire (Cancer, type 2) and Margaret (Cancer, type 6) will be diving into the world of horoscopes and the Enneagram to decide just how related (and accurate) they really are. For now, take a look at your Zodiac sign and your Enneagram type to brush up on your characteristics!

Let’s start with our Zodiac signs. If you aren’t completely sure of what yours is, don’t worry! See which range of dates your birthday falls into, and you’re good to go.

Capricorn (December 22 – January 20)

Hey, Capricorn. If you’re reading this, I’m shocked. You’re a very practical and realistic sign, meaning you’re the most likely to not actually believe in Zodiacs at all. You’re an Earth sign, which means you’re grounded, reserved, and outgoing. Basically, you get shit done. 

Aquarius (January 21 – February 18)

Oprah’s an Aquarius, so really, what more information do you need? You’re an air sign, which means you know exactly what you’re doing, and you’re sticking to it. You’re so far outside the box that you don’t even see it anymore. You’re wonderfully your own person, and you want everybody else to be their own person, too.

Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

Welcome to the water signs, we’re all up in our feelings over here (it’s our tears, that’s the water). It’s definitely not a bad thing, my dear Pisces, because you understand people and you’re incredibly sympathetic. You go with the flow, you’re impressionable, but you’re also extremely creative.

Aries (March 21 – April 20)

You’re not an air sign, Aries, don’t let anybody tell you that. You’re a fire sign, which means you’re basically all-around fiery, bold, and passionate. You like to win, and you’re going to do what it takes. But you’re not all courage and competition; you’ve got a giving, energy-driven side, too.

Taurus (April 21 – May 21)

We’re back to our ambitious, realistic Earth signs! Taurus, you can get through anything. You’re relaxed, reserved, and patient. You can be a little materialistic, but that’s mostly just because you like things to look nice. People may think you aren’t listening to them, but it’s because you’re just so chilled-out.

Gemini (May 22 – June 21)

I’ll just go ahead and say what you’re thinking, Gemini: you aren’t all bad. You’re the most energetic of our witty air signs, and you’ve got a lot of personality. So much that your personality is versatile, which might be the stem of the two-faced bitch stereotype. You’re curious and you crave knowledge, so your nose is usually buried in a book.

Cancer (June 22 – July 22)

You cry because you care, Cancer (and yes – you’re one of our emotional water signs). You’re empathetic and intuitive, which means you understand people on a whole new level. You like making tight, loyal friendships with people. And so what if you’re just a little attention-seeking, aren’t we all?

Leo (July 23 – August 23)

What’s up, Leo the Lion? You guessed it– you’re one of our brave, slightly show-offy fire signs. You’re born ready to lead, which makes you popular among many groups of people. You like things to be done the biggest and bestest. Like a lion, you see your close friends and family as under your little lion rule, which makes you very protective of them.

Virgo (August 23 – September 22)

Don’t get too cocky, Virgo, but you’re the Beyonce of the Earth signs. Literally. Like the rest of our Earth sign babes, you’re realistic and practical. You’re hard-working perfectionists, but modest nonetheless. You’ve got some high standards, but you love helping everyone else achieve them.

Libra (September 23 – October 22)

Happy Libra season to the last of our clever, charming Air signs. You make fantastic listeners, but you have trouble committing to things, which makes you indecisive. You have a strong sense of equality and justice. You also love pretty things, which makes you a tad materialistic, but with good taste.

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)

Ah, Scorpio, the last of our water signs. You’re a little complicated, but we love you. You’re also a detective, and you’re drawn to the unknown. You like to look deeply into things, whether it be your relationships or the world around you. You can be a little suspicious because of this, and you’re a fan of playing mind games.

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)

How’s it going, Sagittarius? Like the rest of our fire signs, you love working hard and you hate your own comfort zone. You’re confident, and you love to just say what’s on your mind. You might appear like a know-it-all, but that’s just because you crave knowledge. You love gaining life experience and absorbing as much information as you can.

Now, let’s talk a bit about each Enneagram type. If you aren’t sure of your type, take the quiz!

Type One: The Reformer

Okay, we all know this type. Reformer is just another word for perfectionist, which you ones certainly are. You have a strong sense of right and wrong, and you are fierce in your pursuit of justice. We love your attention to detail, but remember that the world isn’t always black and white. The grey area can be fun….  

Type Two: The Helper

You helpers thrive on giving and receiving love. Close relationships mean the world to you, and you see the importance of everyone in your life. You tend to blame yourself when you can’t fix everything, but remember, dear twos: you love others so well, and you certainly deserve to love yourself too.

Type Three: The Achiever

Achiever, AKA the boss. We love you threes because you get shit done. While sometimes you may struggle to take a rest, we appreciate all of your hard work and dedication to productivity. The rest of us count on you for results, and we thank you for your endless motivation! 

Type Four: The Individualist*insert unique catch phrase* The truth is, no witty hook could be one-of-a-kind enough to fully represent the individuality of a four. You guys crave being “different” and usually end up as creators in some way. You feel your emotions very, very deeply, but without everything unique you guys bring to the table, the world would be a lot less colorful. 

Type Five: The Investigator

Yoo-hoo! Fives, over here. Yes, here. Hi. We know that you can be a bit caught up in your mind at times, but we can’t complain. You offer a perspective and insight we couldn’t find anywhere else, which makes our lives so, so much better. In your search for understanding, don’t forget about the rest of us! We’d miss you.

Type Six: The Loyalist

To all of the sixes – we appreciate you. You are ready for any situation in ways the rest of us could never be, and we all admire your loyalty. You tend to internalize your fears and cope by preparing for the worst-case scenario.  We know this can be hard on you, but you stay stable in the hard moments, and we are thankful for you!

Type Seven: The Enthusiast

Oh, sevens. You’re a lot, but we can’t help but love every bit of you. Your energy and enthusiasm always keep us busy and entertained. Without you, our lives would certainly be less filled with joy, adventure, and (sometimes reckless) spontaneity. 

Type Eight: The Challenger

I don’t know about you, but there’s no way I’d cross an eight. You guys are PASSIONATE, and yes, I mean all of that emphasis. If we didn’t have you, I don’t know who would be our protector. We are thankful for your intensity; it’s your superpower!

Type Nine: The Peacemaker

Nines…. Everyone loves you. That’s it. That’s just about all there is to say! You are a source of relaxation and encouragement for all who know you, and you are who keeps us grounded. 

And that’s all, folks! We hope you’re as excited as we are to look a little deeper into how related and accurate our Zodiac signs and Enneagram types really are. 

Sarah Claire is a student at College of Charleston majoring in anthropology and women/gender studies. She is passionate about reduced-waste living, ethical consumerism, healthy relationships, and self-care.
Margaret is a student at the College of Charleston, where she majors in International Studies and English. She is from Charlotte, North Carolina.