Wes Bancroft, ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Name: Wes Bancroft

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Dunwoody, GA

Major: Biology (and Spanish minor)

Relationship Status: Single and ready to mingle!

What made you decide to come to College of Charleston? The location, the baseball team, and to get away from high school and out of Georgia.

What do you think of Valentine’s Day and what will you be doing for it? I like it because you can show the people in your life you care about them without going overboard, so usually I’m just like I love you guys. I hope to be doing something! I hope that a magical woman comes in and sweeps me off my feet.

What would be your perfect Valentine’s Day date? A warm day at the beach. A picnic with a bottle of champagne watching the sunset,
dolphins jumping around. I’d want it to be just the two of us and maybe a hammock.

How would you describe yourself in three words? Easy-going, fun, and helpful

How did you choose your major? Well, in high school I took a bio-technology class and I really enjoyed it. We did a bunch
of cool experiments, so I chose to major in biology.

Where would you like to be after college? I see myself working in a lab at the Center for Disease control in Atlanta, but I also
wouldn’t mind working at MUSC in Charleston.

What has been your favorite class thus far? Genetics, it was pretty fun.

Do you have any advice for freshman? Get out there and meet people, you never know who’s going to become one of your
good friends!

What is a normal day like for you? I wake up, go to class, hang out with friends, play video games, and study.

What’s your favorite thing to do on the weekends? Going to bars and chilling with my friends.

Celebrity idol or inspiration? Its a tie between Roberto Clemente (he played for the Pirates and was the perfect
blend of caring, patriotic, and athletic… he knew how to balance everything!), and Ralph
Waldo Emerson- he’s inspirational because he puts things into perspective and inspires
me to seize the day.

Do you have any hidden talents/hobbies? I have a photographic memory.

What do you look for in a girl? Fun to be around, has to laugh at my jokes, great personality, and she needs to like
baseball.

Co-founder and former Editor-in-Chief of HC CofC.