This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

2 weeks ago, we all found the most comfortable spot on the couch with easy outlet-access so we could plant ourselves there to take online classes and binge-watch TV. In about 3 weeks, we planned to be able to go about our regular lives again. We thought we would be going back to school soon and everything would be fine again.

Not so much.

We are now entering week 3 of social distancing, self-isolating, and, for some of us, mandatory quarantines. Those spots we found on the couch aren’t as comfortable as they once were. We’re rewatching shows we’ve watched before because we’ve already watched the new ones. Our classes are online for the rest of the semester. Campus is closed for the foreseeable future. We’re limited in how we can interact with the outside world. These restrictions have been extended to the end of April. And we’re all starting to go a little quaran-crazy. 

It may not be fun to be stuck inside. Classes online certainly aren’t ideal. But remember, this is all in an effort to flatten the curve, to slow the spread of COVID-19. Going to the store only when you have to, staying at least 6 feet away from people, and staying inside will help slow the spread and eventually let us return to our former way of life. So while it is far from what we would like to be doing, staying in for the next few weeks is the best thing we can do right now. 

And please, don’t hoard toilet paper, there is absolutely no reason to buy it all.

Full time student, part time awards show predictor, full time recommender of television shows, movies, and books.